Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 222 total)
  • Potential Peaks Pootle…..
  • Pook

24th July……

It's been a while. As always, phasers set to pootlepace.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

a monday?

Pook

no 😉

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

oops

nbt

will have to see how Hit The North goes but could well be in for this. Got anything in mind as yet?

Pook

not yet jules. Maybe something more over Hayfield way if you have any suggestions

nbt

I can put something together for sure, will have to confirm on Monday / tuesday what effect the race has had

Pook

well we're sojourning to Snowdon for the weekend so we'll all be knackered! Is the track going to be dry?

nbt

not given the weather at the moment, it's showery but the showers are pretty heavy

Pook

memories of HTN1 come flooding back….

thepodge
    Free Member

ooooh, if I'm not sick of you lot by this weekend / under Hora's patio, I'll have some of that.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Sounds interesting. I may have a new bike by then that will need a test ride…

Bunnyhop

Oh no this is on my doorstep and I can't make it.
    Any chance of changing to Saturday 23rd, pretty please?

I love Pooks peaks pootle and have only managed one so far.

Pook

Saturday's the 24th!!!

slowrider
    Free Member

im supposed to be working but ill try to swap so i can come out to play as long as its definitely a pootle. my bike really doesnt go up hills very quick at all! (absolutely nothing to do with the rider)

glad to see these making a return pook, ive missed em!

amodicumofgnar

Being selfish how about chapel so I dont have to ride to the ride. Or bribing with food – Stocks cafe has just won some award for best full english.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Yay! thinks I, could possibly make that…
    No! Says the diary, you've a pre-wed shoot to do…
    Maybe next time…

binners

I could well be up for that. Not ridden in the peaks this summer. Which is a bloody disgrace as its only down't'road.

And I've blanked out the memory of HTN1. Though I'll be there to shout abuse at NBT

sambob
    Free Member

Im on holiday. Which is good because i'm on holiday, but it's bad because i miss this 🙁 Actually, i may have a plan if someone has a spare bike i could borrow…….

nbt

will have to see. I've been reminded we have family engagements that weekend, which are bound to change so will wait to see what's finalised

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Early start????

It would be good to meet up with some of the 'West Peak' locals!

🙂

hora
    Free Member

I'm in and will keep a low profile again (incase someone wants to bop me) 😆

piemann
    Free Member

Hi Chris, I'd love to, but I've not got anything to ride….(starts to weep again).

Hopefully I should have a replacement built up within the next few weeks, so count me in for the next one.

hora
    Free Member

I did offer to lend you a 456 frame and headset but you didn't reply 🙄

piemann
    Free Member

Hi Mark, I know you very kindly offered and I'm sorry for not responding at the time.

I'm thinking of getting either a Ragley Blue Pig or a Cotic Soul as a replacement for the P7. I know you've ridden pretty much every bike there has ever been 😉 , so have you any advice regarding those two choices?

TN
    Free Member

I would've considered coming along now I am feeling a bit fitter, but am doing a biiig bike ride (for me!) on the two days before and I expect I won't be able to sit down on the Saturday, let alone sit on a bike. 🙁
    Have fun. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Nay worries. Both very different I bet. I reckon you definitely need to test ride both.

nbt

Iain, you can happily borrow one of mine, in fact you can borrow the blue pig as a test ride if you like

hora
    Free Member

If a Soul owner could bring along theirs? Then we could rename it the Iain Hayfield testride 🙂

Pook

TN – come along. The pace is definitively 'pootle'.

piemann
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Jules,

I tried the Blue Pig for size when I was at your place once. It felt really small – what size frame is it?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Tramlines weekend innit, I'm drinkin' and dancin'

hora
    Free Member

If it rains we will have Juan Sheet to soak up the water

😆

thepodge
    Free Member

ok, you've now posted that by email, on facebook and on the forum. are there any other ways you can do it?

hora
    Free Member

Pistonheads too. Im trying to work it in to the day job and general conversation tonight 😀

nbt

it's a 16", which is fine for me – you've got longer arms though don't you? Might be able to wangle an 18" mmmbop for you

sambob
    Free Member

I will definitely miss this one 🙁 ahhh well i'll be at the seaside. Will be arouind for the next one though.

hora
    Free Member

Sam- we are going to 'rip up the trails so there will be nothing left for you to ride afterwards as well 😯

skiprat
    Free Member

Should be in for this. I'll bring my Soul so it'll be available for test ride. Its a large tho (19") but you'll get an idea.

hora
    Free Member

Piemans Heckler was a large so should be ok

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Potential Peaks Pootle…..’ is closed to new replies.