Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Postage Costs?
  • Sodajim

Any one have a rough idea what postage cost for a full sus frame would be? Im going to sell on my unused Titus FTM Carbon frame sitting in my shed and was unsure what to allow for sending?

Apoligies if this is the wrong forum I couldnt decide beetween bikes chat and for sale as it seemed to fit all 3!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Usually try and send it std parcel with insurance (for frames up to about £500) is the cheapest TBH (if you bubble wrap it and bag it up) then its usually well within the max dimensions 🙂

Edit: About £10

pixelmix
    Free Member

£20 or so will get your frame courier collected from your house with appropriate insurance.

I just used these guys last week to book a delivery of a full-sus frame in a bike frame box to Ireland for £21 with UPS.

fatboyjon

Frame in a box can be done for about £15 but you’l need to check out the insuance costs as this could push it towards £30 depending on what you get for it. Check out the Parcel Farce website.

Sodajim

Guys, thank you for your advice. Its been a few years since I have sent a frame anywhere, much appreciated

kaesae
    Free Member

Interpacel have a few services and different price rates, I would advise against using standard parcels, it doesn’t have any tracking, if you and the buyer use paypal then you really need tracking incase anything happens.

As for packaging the frame some bubble wrap under the mech hanger is it has one is always a good idea very vulnerable part, also bubble wrap / extra packing on headtube and other wheel drop out, the top of the seatpost tube is also vulnerable to piercing boxes and protruding!

Good luck!

Sodajim

Thanks for the advice on the packing kaesae, hopefully it should be ok as it is still in its box as it came from on one!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Postage Costs?’ is closed to new replies.