Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • poplock sticking?
  • avalanche
    Free Member

The poplock on my Reba sl's will not return when you release it. I fitted a new cable with no improvement. I then removed the motion-control gubbins from the fork leg and tried to free it up. Still no good. I can't see any way to dismantle it further. What are my options here- do I have to get a new motion-control unit? Somebody out there must have a solution….

tthew

Is it definately the fork end? I've had to dismantle the lever a couple of times for cleaning and lub'ing.

avalanche
    Free Member

Yep. Definately not a lever problem.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Whilst riding release lever, lift front of bike, not a wheelie just loft the front a tad, it should release.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Might be a daft question but is your new inner cable kinked? Stranger things have happened at sea… and all that.

If not, I'm assuming that you did change both the inner and outer?

iainc

avalanche – some well documented threads on this in the past. Basically, the return spring in the fork leg is too weak unless the cable and fork top unit is spotless and moving slickly. I presevered for 3 months with mine, then removed it entirely, replacing with a non remote, fork top lockout, which for me is much much better.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/help-rockshox-reba-advice-needed

avalanche
    Free Member

Thanks Guys. Looks like converting to leg top adjuster is the way to go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘poplock sticking?’ is closed to new replies.