Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Polished mtb rim – any available?
  • captaindanger

Someone somewhere must make a nice silver polished rim, I remember having some super cool alex deep section ones on my first mtb, but can’t find any now, anyone know of any?

Thanks…

SidewaysTim

Salsa did some. We still have a couple in 26″ disc only. They’re not super highly mirror polished though. I’ll take a pic when I find them and post it here if you like.

plushhill
    Free Member

Transition do them on the 32 (DH/FR) rim, we have a set on our Covert and they look sweet but they are beefcake

null

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was thinking this only yesterday, when contemplating a respray/rebuild project. I thought it would be nice if all the components were polished alloy, rather than anodised, to give it a more ‘retro look.

IIRC, Mavic used to do a bare alloy rims that would polish up well, as did Campag and a couple of other brands, but everything these days seems to be anodised or with a matt surface. As do most components. Fashion or function? I’m not sure, but I do like shiny polished components.

Amos
    Free Member

I believe spank do some I was looking for some myself but can’t find any suitable xc trail type rims let me know how you get on

ashfanman
    Free Member

Pretty sure you can get Mavic 717s in silver. Remember seeing a post on MTBR a while ago where some guy had polished them up (with orange spokes!).

Would’ve thought it would be a nightmare to keep them gleaming though. Polished cranks on a MTB are one thing, but wheels…?

captaindanger

Tim – that would be great, I can’t find them on the salsa website.
    I did think of polishing up some mavics, I might try it as a last resort but don’t want to invest £60 then not do it!

Those Velo Orange cranks are beautiful…. mmmm

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Polished mtb rim – any available?’ is closed to new replies.