Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Please recommend a gilet
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

Anyone seen any good deals? I Ideally want a primaloft/synthetic but would definitely consider down. I’d buy an Alpkit but no stock in my size, Finisterre well regarded and in budget but it just looks a bit too shiny for my liking, not really keen on TNF, budget is up to about £70-£80.

Cheers

rhysw
    Free Member

Get yourself a gore one. I’ve had mine for a few years and use it for mtb, road and running and I can’t fault it

messiah
    Free Member

I like my Rab Generator so much I bought a second one. One I keep with my bike kit and can be a bit smelly, the other I wear for the walk to work.

The biking one is ace and is one of my favourite bits of kit; it makes the difference between getting home from the forest in a shivering mess or being warm enough to enjoy the ride.

Someone on here was selling one a few days ago…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rab-generator-vest-reduced

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

2nd rab generator. my smock (full length arms) is my favourite jacket…

mate has a haglofs one though, which looks really really nice, and isn’t shiny…

MSP

Rab generator or montane prism.

wl
    Free Member

I’ve got a Montane Prism with sleeves. Yes it’s a nice jacket, but not that warm – I’d be a bit disappointed if I hadn’t got it almost half price at £57. My only Haglofs jacket is the best bit of gear I’ve ever bought.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Do you want it purely for cycling ? If not try some of the sailing brands like Musto, Helly Hansen or Henri Lloyd. I have a great windstopper lined Musto gilet which has been going strong for 8 years on the water, skiing and on the bike. (for long sleeved jackets I prefer cycling brands as the arms are cut longer, for gilet that doesn’t matter 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Please recommend a gilet’ is closed to new replies.