Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Please quit all this "DARKSIDE" nonsense
  • 7hz
    Free Member

As far as I am concerned, ‘Darkside’ is the name of a northshore trail in Scotland.

I’ve not got a clue where it all started here with people using it to mean ‘Road Cycling’, but IMHO it is just daft.

Please just say ‘Road Cycling’ or even just ‘Road’.

Or even better, go to a road cycling forum! Why does it need to be discussed in a MTB forum? How many threads on the popular road forum have ‘muddyside’ posts?

starsh78
    Free Member

RealMan
    Free Member

Must be hard

Bez

EPIC MEH

RustySpanner

The farce is weak in this one.

Bez

“No-one like daft usage of odd words more than me. Except perhaps my wife. And a few of my wife’s friends. And my wife’s friends’ tennis partners. Come to think of it quite a few people like daft usages of odd words more than I do, but that’s not the point. Stop being silly this instant.”

carbon337
    Free Member

DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE DARKSIDE

Seriously there’s more important stuff to worry about.

And yes I do roading

Junkyard
    Free Member

Imagine owning both a road and a MTB * and riding both 😯 What kind of crazy fool would do that I am with the OP roads are for cars GET OFF
    Darkside does not bother me it is an amusingly dismissive term used by fat people who would get utterly pwned if they even tried to do it.
    * actually go crazy have more than one of each

lapierrelady

It also means ‘Oxford’
    Does this mean if you live in oxford and own a road bike you are double darkside?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Darkside is snowboarding…

McHamish
    Free Member

Yeah! What he said!

Splitters!

Waderider
    Free Member

The only thing in this world that is nearly as good as mountain biking is road cycling. The only thing in the world better than mountain biking is rough stuff touring. All cycling is cycling and I can’t understand why the press, industry and enthusiasts segregate the different types 🙂

People like pigeon-holes I guess

P.S. Road cycling is harder than mountain biking x10

RustySpanner

You’re doing it wrong 🙂

bananaworld
    Free Member

rp16v
    Free Member

it may be a mtb forum but when the mag reviews a drop bar singlespeed/fixie for commuting what do u expect to happen 😉
    i ride both and fully enjoy both,
    like 90% of the forum members i just like talking about bikes reguardless(sp) of shape,size and use

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Or even better, go to a road cycling forum!

Says he who has started a thread about the DARKSIDE on a mountain bike forum. 😉 🙄

RustySpanner

Some of us had a go at the Velodrome recently – toughest, most rewarding bit of dandyhorsing around I’ve done in ages.

I’d like to try bicycle speedway next, or maybe bike polo.
    Actually, I’d really like a Darkside Longstaff trike.

Anyone got one we could try?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I prefer Dark Place.

Road bike stuff should be discussed in the chat forum though.

It is off topic, after all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I went out on a roadbike today. It was very odd. No low gears, rubbish brakes, no give in the tyres, but I din’t spin out at 30 mph.

did I say rubbish brakes? I had to change my entire riding style.

Forgive me STW for I have sinned

TheBrick
    Free Member

TheBrick
    Free Member

I always knew Ronald was a bit dodgy.

Doug
    Free Member
    bananaworld
    Free Member

Nice pic there, Brick 🙂

I never knew Lord Vader had a secondary cape projecting from his underpants. I have learnt my thing for the day.

stuartie_c
    Free Member
    MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Love that Dearth Vader picture. I’ve just put it as my Facebook profile picture. 😀

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Odd it either says BIKE forum or chat forum, can’t see the link for MTB forum 😉

MSP

I like a bit of darkside biking, in fact I spent last week at mt ventoux just to ride my darkside bike. Tt should also be noted that I am a colossal pervert. Animal, vegetable, or mineral I’ll do anything TO anything

kimbers

darkside is just a way of making road riding sound less dull
    it should be put in the tragic box along with steed, stable etc

RustySpanner

Just squeeze harder TJ 🙂

Have you bought one then?

Good fun innit?

scaredypants

must admit I slightly try not to read threads with it in the title but I quite like road riding – did a bit today, in fact (it was good, I was awesome)

GlitterGary
    Free Member

kimbers + 1 million.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rusty – resurrected the bike thats been hanging on the wall for 20 years. I can’t believe I used to ride it offroad

monkeychild
    Free Member

I like cycling. I have 2 x mtb and 2 x road bikes. I find both disciplines compliment each other ie road helps my mtb climbing fitness, mtb helps my bottle when in comes to descending at speed on road also riding fast over loose surfaces.
    Try it you may like it.

backhander
    Free Member

While we’re at it, can we be rid of all this “overbiked” nonsense as well please?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m in Oxford, sorting out my roadbike, listening to this…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RgGrVklaao[/video]

How frickin’ darkside am I?!

But yeah, why don’t we call it road riding?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Meh [too busy riding my dandyhorses to care]

chvck
    Free Member

TSY – any idea what that first track is? Haven’t heard it before and tis rather good.

7hz
    Free Member

I’ve not got a problem with road cycling, just the term ‘darkside’ to describe it seems a bit… juvenile?

I guess it is a forum meme, and that’s ok, just something about it bugs me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sorry Chvck, no idea.

7hz – I don’t actually think it is a forum meme. I was spotted out on my road bike, shortly after I got it, by a roadie that goes to my gym. He’s a classic MAMIL and doesn’t have an mtb… ‘joined the darkside then have we?’ is what he said to me. Go figure.

Dibbs
    Free Member

If road = Darkside, does that mean that CX = Shadyside? 😛

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Please quit all this "DARKSIDE" nonsense’ is closed to new replies.