Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Playstation 3 LAN party setup advice needed
  • scrappy
    Free Member

Can anyone advise me on how to setup a LAN party between 2 PS3’s? So far I have tried connecting 2 consoles using a Cat5 network crossover cable. When it switches on it says connection error. As theres only 2 playstations involved i’m assuming I dont need a router. I also dont have access to the internet, is this required to play LAN offline? From googling it some gaming forums say internet connection must be in place, others say no.
    thanks

Drac

Some games support LAN others don’t, they need to be on a netowork of some kind. I don’t think you can connect 2 PS3 direct with a crossover cable, I’d say you need a router at least. Maybe not a modem router just a router they’re cheap as chips and not 100% about having to be on PSN but I’d say no.

IA

Dunno about the details of doing it on a PS3, but with a crossover cable you’ll need to setup static IPs, as I doubt they act as a DHCP server.

dan1980
    Free Member

You need to connect each console via a router of some kind Use cables rather than wireless though, it’ll be more reliable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Playstation 3 LAN party setup advice needed’ is closed to new replies.