• This topic has 108 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Planning on getting drunk. Gin content.
  • andyl
    Free Member

Dear God man have some decency.

Didn’t say it was for me 😉

Drac

Touché

daftvader
    Free Member

Brecon gin link…. personally not the biggest fan of gin but that is just lovely. Ice, tonic, lime.

ste_t
    Free Member

Whitley Neill, without question. Trust me.

After that, Plymouth and Tanqueray. Gordon’s is awful stuff, simply well marketed garbage much like Smirnoff.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

See, your all going ‘Tanqueray’ over this topic. I mean I’ve tried it & yes it’s pretty nice. Bombay Sapphire is nice also but honestly….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/noDyMV]TheBotanist22[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Really.

& I’m not even on commission!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Juniper Green is nice. Tonic is the obvious choice, but you could get yourself a big collared paisley shirt, a cravat and go down the bitter lemon route – which I think would suit you. 😛

johndoh
    Free Member

And whilst we’re on the subject of export strength – Bombay Sapphire HAS to be export strength – only available in airports, never found it in the UK.

Jamie
    Free Member

Juniper Green is nice.

I am sure it’s fantastic.

BUT IT’S NOT ON THE LIST!

😡

a big collared paisley shirt, a cravat and go down the bitter lemon route – which I think would suit you

😀

….Plymouth was in the lead, but thinking I can get a litre of the Tanqueray for the same price. That’s an extra 300ml folks!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah shitsticks…Tesco don’t sell JG do they?! 😳 It’s cheap too!

Drac

Oh and while we’re on the subject one of the best Ads ever.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytrg4dpv8Ho[/video]

Sandwich

To a double measure of gin, add a double measure of Campari and the same again of red vermouth. This is a Negroni. Chuck in a slice of orange if you’re feeling fruity. Enjoy.

I’m sure he just wants to get drunk not gay as well. Though I may be mistaken 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This is a Negroni.

That’s Luis Suarez’s cocktail of choice in the off-season.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m sure he just wants to get drunk not gay as well. Though I may be mistaken

To be fair, it did sound pretty fabulous.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Negroni’s are a grownup’s drink. Picked up a bottle of this on Friday, bit wasted in a G&T but incredible in a Negroni or Martini

rogermoore

Plymouth was in the lead, but thinking I can get a litre of the Tanqueray for the same price. That’s an extra 300ml folks!

Do you think you’ll be that bothered after a you’ve done 70cl of Gin – that’s 20 regular measures?
    RM.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. Good point, well made.

Although, I don’t have to batter the bottle in one sitting.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Get Plymouth and some creme de mure and make a Bramble. Although, as it’s a drink with more than two ingredients it’s inherently ghey and will turn you into a lifelong bummer at the first sip.

mrben101
    Free Member

Of the original list just avoid the Gordons. The rest are good, but each has its own flavour. Plymouth is a good ‘everyday’ gin 🙂

Hendricks and tonic with mint leaves is a favourite – not a fan of cucumber, but with mint its amazing 🙂

Would also recommend Berry Bros No.3 – really smooth, some what over budget though :). We have a bottle of Portobello Road on the go atm which is nice.

Tonic is as important as the gin – Fevertree is the current preferred mixer. And definitely with a slice of lime, not lemon (unless its the aforementioned mint leaves).

I appear to know to much about gin. 🙂

Merak

If its not the Botanist I’d rather not bother. # too good for the poor.

lister

See if they have Williams Chase on offer. We got some at £18 from Tesco, down from £44.
    Really, really the best gin I’ve ever had. They make their own cider, to make their own vodka to make their own gin. It’s crisp, dry and oh so good.

Or just buy the Bomb and get on with it!

Jamie
    Free Member

If its not the Botanist I’d rather not bother. # too good for the poor.

To dismiss all other gins…well…

orangeboy
    Free Member

Guess I’m a little odd in quite liking Gordon’s neat opps
    But Hendricks with mint is also good

Houns

Is he drunk yet?

botanybay
    Free Member

To br honest, all gin tastes the same, particularly with a mixer. Just drink Gordon’s and save yer money. And I’ve spent the last 6 months or so drinking more of it than I should.

arrpee
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDIiPIJmXcE[/video]

s1m0n
    Free Member

Aldi gin. £10. Good stuff. ’nuff said.

spacemonkey

My present accompaniment for gin is this little fella (or his ginger and lemongrass brother) with a splash of fizzy water:

Currently on my second of the evening.

Gribs

Aldi gin. £10. Good stuff. ’nuff said.

It’s sadly too weak for making cocktails with but as a g&t ingredient that’s not a problem.

cheez0
    Free Member

tonic makes my mouth taste funny..

so bitter lemon + no-cheap gin.

slice and ice ofc.

ste_t
    Free Member

lister – Member

See if they have Williams Chase on offer. We got some at £18 from Tesco, down from £44.
    Really, really the best gin I’ve ever had. They make their own cider, to make their own vodka to make their own gin. It’s crisp, dry and oh so good.

Started out making Tyrells crisps, then the potato vodka, then the rest.

Chase marmalade vodka with tonic and fresh orange is brilliant.

matthewjb
    Free Member

If you’re just planning on getting drunk then, as others have said, Tanqueray is the strongest.

If speed is an issue then drink vesper martinis rather than any of this tonic nonsense.

3 shots gin
    1 shot vodka
    1/2 shot vermouth

shake with ice and strain.

A couple of them will see you right.

Alternatively Negronis are another good call.

Pigface
    Free Member

One of the last times I got drunk was on Gin Slings in Raffles 😆 this was 24 years ago and Raffles was a bit tatty and threadbare, wow those slings knocked my socks off.

Doesn’t gin make you miserable?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Doesn’t gin make you miserable?

I don’t think this is much of a problem for the OP. 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

I havent bothered to read the whole thread but…

Plymouth requires a slice of orange.

duckman

Hendricks, fever tree and lime Thread closed.

Jamie
    Free Member

I don’t think this is much of a problem for the OP.

You shut your dirty whore mouth! 😡

Thread closed.

Heh…waddya know.

Pigface
    Free Member

You shut your dirty whore mouth!

Jamies pissed 😆

piesoup
    Free Member

Blackwoods 60% and Fevertree

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamies pissed

Oh what do you know….sitting there….with your head….oohhh lok at me! I have a head….doo be dooo be doo..

So long losers!

Nick

Someone else mentioned this

Oz Clark put me on to it after a drunken wine tasting session at Tanners in Shrewsbury a few years ago. He was right.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Planning on getting drunk. Gin content.’ is closed to new replies.