Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pivot Mach 5.7
  • ask1974
    Free Member

Just out of interest anyone own or ridden one? They look very nice….I know I just bought a new bike but I would have considered had it been available to demo nearby, so now just curious.

hugor
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden a 5.7 but own a Firebird which is the 6.5 travel bike.
    Despite its travel it rides with the efficiency of an XC bike and I would have no hesitation taking it on an 8 or 10 hour ride.

DickBarton

Local bike shop has some in…I think 1 or 2 for demo and the rest for sale, they have sold a few – http://www.flyingfoxbikes.com – they also had the Firebird in but it was a nightmare to climb anything with – you ended up enjoying the push/walk rather than the ride up…was a weapon on the way down though.

The 5.7 seems to be getting amazing reviews, got a couple of mates who are riding them and they appear to be very nice indeed…no idea how local you are to Stirling, but Flying Fox Bikes could sort you out with a demo ride.

ask1974
    Free Member

Ha, last thing I want is a demo. Rode five bikes and lost sleep during my buying process, very happy with my new bike so I’m not going to try anything else for a while just in case. Nice bikes have a tendency to be….nice 😀

Like your Firebire Hugor, I think the 5.7 is just about the best looking bike around with the same frame colour you have.

JohnnyPanic

They do look very nice, I don’t think you can run a chain device on one though. Shame.

philfive
    Free Member

It ha igcs tabs doesn’t it?

JohnnyPanic

Hmm, looks like you’re right-ish. I was told it wasn’t possible to run a guide, and there are no ISCG tabs fitted but it looks like you can get an adaptor.

One of the comments here indicates that MRP do a chain device that works.

hugor
    Free Member

Haven’t had issues climbing with the Firebird other than the rear weight bias that you have with any bike like this.
    I think the 5.7 is a good compromise as the do it all bike.
    For me the Firebird is my play bike.
    Pivot DWL is quite tricky to get set up right and the performance is very sensitive to small changes.
    The first time I rode the Firebird I thought it was a slo and heavy dog.
    Once you get that DHX air dialled though its very efficient.

mmannerr

I have had 5.7 since Nov ’10, it is really a do it all bike but still it is more xc(-feeling) than many competitors bikes.
    It is almost perfect bike for me, my main gripes are mud collecting suspension linkages and non-continuos RD outer cable. At same time I can admit that it is not bike for all, there are some issues on what shock you can use and some riders will want more plush suspension action.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pivot Mach 5.7’ is closed to new replies.