Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pitch/Enduro Bearings – Anywhere cheap?
  • flamejob
    Free Member

As above… I think £50-60 is a bit steep for some bearings.

… and if someone says 'just pop into your local precision bearings supplier' I'll kill a teddy! Do I look like a fitter that lives in an industrial wasteland?

*actually that point is a bit stupid on a forum… but you get the point.

Also any tips not involving 'visiting your local SBC dealer' (I don't have one) about getting them out would be cool too.

Xylene
    Free Member

What year?

I looked into this and found it around the 45 quid mark for an '04 enduro.

cookeaa

… and if someone says 'just pop into your local precision bearings supplier' I'll kill a teddy! Do I look like a fitter that lives in an industrial wasteland?

no need to visit a "Wasteland":

you'll find numbers on bearing seals, or simply look at page 13 of THIS

Then just visit: http://simplybearings.co.uk or any other online bearing shop and find the ones you need…

flamejob
    Free Member

Nice one cookeaa… I'll do the research and post the price difference.

PS I used to live in Wolverhampton where I could get bearings down any high street but, alas, here in Malaga it's a bit more difficult.

flamejob
    Free Member

Ha… guess what… It's exactly £60 posted.

I think I'll go the J.E. James route and help them out a bit… also sneak in a new saddle and some bars to _justify_ the postage 🙂

cookeaa

Worth noting also that you normally get replacement spacers in with the SBC kits, which kinda makes them better value, but you seldom actually need them… still nice to have just in case…

flamejob
    Free Member

Just to follow up…

… I got them from Freeborne in the end, just because I also bought some rims from them too.

cookeaa is right though, you get exactly the bearings you need plus the weird shaped spacers.

Now to find something to bash the crap out of the existing bearings…

]

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

bloody hell that’s a lot of bearings….

i’ll stick to my orange…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pitch/Enduro Bearings – Anywhere cheap?’ is closed to new replies.