Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Pikes servicing advice
  • Fabdad
    Free Member

My dual air Pikes could do with a service,seen the videos on the Sram website so pretty sure what to do,but where’s the best place for the service parts/lubes?

stumpy01

Google Loco Tuning. He regularly crops up on here and has a website.
    He will sell you seal kits for the spring side & the damping side.

TFTuned will also sell you seal kits, but I think they are a bit pricier.

They will probably also sell you oil, but I have used Chain Reaction in the past or gone to a motorbike shop & bought motorbike fork oil – as long as you get the right weight, it is the same stuff, but generally cheaper.

Superficial
    Free Member

If you’re doing it for the first time, just get some fork oil. 15 weight for the lowers. I got mine from a motorbike shop in town, much cheaper than buying from bike shops (even online).

I’ve owned my Pikes for 4 years and haven’t replaced the seals or bushings, they don’t need it. Perhaps I’m lucky. I wouldn’t bother with servicing the MoCo or spring assembly unless you’ve got a particular reason. Take the lowers off, clean them out and refill with new oil and they’ll feel lovely again 🙂

stumpy01

Yeah, as above you don’t ‘need’ new o-rings and stuff unless you have a leak somewhere and are careful when you take it to bits.

Just be careful with the circlips. I always bend at least one completely out of shape.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Pikes servicing advice’ is closed to new replies.