• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ski.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Photography – how cool is this?
  • rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Th5zlUe6gOE[/video]

Mounty_73

That’s really cool….but what would happen if it was dropped 🙂

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

& every single shot has you in it with your arms spread & a look of concentration on your face!

Zoolander
    Free Member

Goal line technology right there!

davidrussell
    Free Member

ideal if your neighbours like topless sunbathing but have high fences…

GrahamS

Yeah it’s clever tech but a shame they used crap cameras (look at the horrible green tinge on the Brandenburg Gate shot) and that they didn’t get the exposures all locked to the same value (see the bright squares of sky next to dark ones).

Still I gather it was basically a tech demo from some dude’s thesis so very impressive.

toby1

Cool idea, but a little impractical to carry round all day if you were a tourist.

Not sure I’d need 360 panorama pictures either, flat still looks just fine to me.

Would be more scary if the goverment got hold of it, could make it hover and then you could be tracked by your own personal cctv all day everyday ….

emsz
    Free Member

cool, that’s the sort of camera that I need. Although knowing me, I’d drop it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Very cool!

I’m sure the isues could be sorted out by software? Make all the cameras shoot in RAW, stich the image together then work on the exposure for individual sections of the image, could have a built in HDR/Flickr setting then :-p

I’d drop it.

Is it just me that thinks it looks like it would bounce?

woodsa
    Free Member

Not sure if this should be in the what App thread but try Photsynth app. It was free when I downloaded it. Great little panaramic app.
    Hilarious really, as 2 years ago our photo dept spent about 7 grand on a panaramic tripod head, 10mm fish eye and stitch software.

donsimon
    Free Member

cool, that’s the sort of camera that I need. Although knowing me, I’d drop it.

I’d be worried about hurting the little men inside the ball or damaging their cameras too. 🙁

coffeeking
    Free Member

& every single shot has you in it with your arms spread & a look of concentration on your face!

Not if you’re able to throw with a decent amount of force and walk quickly away.

GrahamS

try Photsynth app

Yep, very cool. (Surprisingly so, because its a Microsoft app)

Not quite the quality you’d get from that 10mm fisheye though!

ski
    Free Member

Wonder what sort of £££ it runs out at?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Photography – how cool is this?’ is closed to new replies.