• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • People from Burg… Two
  • juan
    Free Member

If the question one is answered by NO.
    What kind of jobs someone with little knowledge of English can do until she gets a better grasp of the language?
    Obviously it's a very rhetorical question, as I am sure someone owning a bike shop will hire her as till girl until she brush her skill 😉

ton

mcdonalds……….. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pics?

doug_basqueMTB.com

juan, I take it you mean Edinburgh? The answer to question 1 is that lots and lots of people do it on less. You won´t be living right in the centre and eating out every night but you´re not going to be sleeping in the streets and raking in bins either, unless you want to.

There are lots of jobs you can do with little grasp of English. My gf moved there about 10yrs ago with almost no English and got a job straight away cleaning offices. I reckon that she´ll learn english pretty quickly though, certainly to a level where she could get work in a bar.

coogan
    Free Member

Plenty jobs down Leith docks…

jimmy

can she cook or serve? I mean spoon food onto plates and not mind being oggled by middle aged IT pervs? plenty of Polish folk in our work canteen (and previous place of employment). Free food I'm guessing… Sorry, 'food'.

juan
    Free Member

Cheers doug.

scaredypants

CFH – 🙂

juan
    Free Member

CFH way to hot for you… Considering your choice of car and bike plus various other post one here I can only guess that you have poor tastes :p

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

LOL!

😆

That's you told, CFH!

trailmonkey

there's lots of people in Edinburgh that don't speak English very well, your s.o should be fine

ojom
    Free Member

Juan- could she teach language or similar? Check out gumtree for people doing this or looking for tuition perhaps.

juan
    Free Member

TBC dunno I guess so, but I tell you that she has good taste in terms of bike fashion and kick ass on a bike 😉

ojom
    Free Member

So do I Juan and there can be only one!

juan
    Free Member

Well I bet if I get in the shop with the SO and ask the staff who they'd rather work with… You'll be dismissed from your own shop 😀

ojom
    Free Member

Challenge accepted. See you soon. *sculpts guns*

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘People from Burg… Two’ is closed to new replies.