Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pennine Bridleway
  • rone

Did a good chunk of the PBW on Sunday, starting at Middleton Top (Easy) through to Summit just above M62.

All I can say – what a great ride. Very tough – we did the first 75 miles and there was over 3000m of climbing and it was all very rideable. Really good feeling going through the various parks, peaks and areas. Lots of changing scenary. Only the bit around Glossop was a bit urban.

The ride at Summit then goes on to the Mary Towneley loop for a circular of 47 miles which I will do on in the official event.

Will be great when it get's to Northumberland.

iggs
    Free Member

Friend sent me this link this morning about the pennine Bridleway

http://www.the7ds.com/seven-deadly-spins/

Sorry if its been posted before :-S

rone

yeah, I'm aware of Rob's run. Staggering.

Wouldn't have been in the mood to do the return journery. Amazing.

iggs
    Free Member

We did a 3 day trip on it and had a great time.

26 Hours, 43 Minutes, and 7 seconds, plus another 57 minutes of riding to get from the tent to the start and then back again

Thats a lot of riding :-S

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Steve Heading of Whyte bikes did it first, TWICE! 21:39 too the second time I believe. SEE HERE

Steve also did the SDD in 20:36. He's pretty quick over long distances!

Both amazing achievements. I'm hoping to try the PBW double next year if I can get the navigation practice in over the winter. Looks like a tough but great day out 😀

rone

Yes he did. (Nick Craig also did a leg.)

He's an immense rider, I've rode a few competitions with him. Never get close.

PBW has pretty good sign-posting for a long distance route though it's worth picking up the book if you can.

trio25
    Free Member

rob if you fancy a leisurely ride round the MTL I can show you the way – you are a little fast for me at your normal pace!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pennine Bridleway’ is closed to new replies.