Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Penmachno or Llandegla?
  • catcher
    Free Member

Sorry about the spelling! Got a few hours spare on the way through tomorrow and wondered which trail to ride. I’ve been to Penmachno about 4 years ago and thought it was a great, if short, ride, that got better towards the end. Never been to Llandegla – is it worth a look?

nonk
    Free Member

penmachno is not that short anymore it has an extra loop now.

that would be my choice everytime but it depends on what kind of rider you are.

justatheory
    Free Member

Do both :0

GregMay
    Free Member

Deffo do both in the same day, both very close to each other. Penmachno for me anyway.

Rorschach
    Free Member

If 40 miles is ‘close’.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Penmachno. Llangdegla is w@nk

WillC9999
    Free Member

Deggles is most definitely NOT w&nk!
    PM is classic XC, Deggles is more technical. Do both and decide for yourself. Also, deggles is more protected from kak weather. PM can get a bit blowy in the top cwm.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Penmachno.

amodicumofgnar

Either depends if you want trad trail centre thats naturalised quite well – Penmachno or slot car bike park riding in which case go Llandegla.

Check on snow / ice cover – there’s a lot of water flow along sections of Penmachno (most of loop two) it could be more skate than ride.

Bunnyhop

Penmachno – however what oap says ^^^ is correct, this time of year you’ll be walking down some of the trails when it’s this cold. Very slippery in places due to ice.

Frankers
    Free Member

Deggles ??? You have a pet name for a trail centre….. WTF

steveh

They’re both good in their own way. If you like jumping and berms then Llandegla would be better. If you prefer more natural feeling trails and a more out for a proper ride feeling then Penmachno will be better.

I have a varying feeling on Penmachno once I went and loved it, really thought it was the best but often I’m left feeling that there hasn’t been enough downhill for the ride done.

catcher
    Free Member

Thanks everyone; I had heard Llandegla wasn’t really too impressive and as I prefer a more XC/mountain feel I’ll probably opt for Penmachno. Cheers!

Kevevs
    Free Member

penmachno

Kevevs
    Free Member

penmachno

stanfree
    Free Member

Penmachno.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Dega is a blast and as said will still ride ok after the thaw/snow/frost scenario! As also said they’re probably an hr apart!

WillC9999
    Free Member

Frankers – yes. You not familiar with Inners, GT, Dullbeattie etc? Get with it dude.

Whyte1
    Free Member

LLandegla technical ?? llandegla is a giggle but by no stretch of the imagination technical , but don’t get me wrong ridden at speed can really catch you out as the local A&E will tell you , Penmachno is very good and looks far more natural but does hold water in places .

Have a good ride

WillC9999
    Free Member

Whyte1 – that’s a fair comment I guess, it is quite modern with lots of *potential* for jumps rather than unavoidable obstacles.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Trailcentres are 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Penmachno or Llandegla?’ is closed to new replies.