Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pay Pal – Just been paid by e-cheque.
  • NJA

I have sold some tickets this morning and the buyer has paid by e-cheque, pay pal have accepted this and said the payment will not clear until 9th June – 13th June.

Trouble is the tickets are for an event on the 11th June, has anybody had one of these type of payments bounce before?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Take That?

NJA

Yes

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Well done – ebay is awash at the moment!

grum
    Free Member

Do they have lots of decent feedback?

If not tell them to cancel the payment and sort it out properly.

NJA

Feedback score 11 – no activity since 2008!

They have always purchased tickets before though.

nickjb
    Free Member

Might have been a mistake. It did it to me when I hadn’t noticed my card had expired. email the buyer. I think I had to get the seller to cancel the sale then I re-bought it… Or trust them 😉

EDIT:

Feedback score 11 – no activity since 2008!

Could be a hacked account.

steve-g
    Free Member

At some point between 2008 and now im sure that paypay changed my default setting back to E-cheque. Im sure its an honest mistake by the buyer, but it’s up to you whether you want to trust them or not.

Can you get a responce when you message them?

z1ppy

I paid for something by e-cheque by mistake, when I realised what I’d done (well the shop told me), I cancelled it and paid again to get the item sent through next day…
    I’d tell them your unprepared to accept the e-cheque, as you won’t post them until it’s cleared…which is after the concert. Get them to pay you properly…

5lab

yeah i’d go back to them and explain you can’t release the tickets until payment is cleared, up to them then

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of times when I’ve paid via my iPhone and it’s said the seller has got a eChq. Maybe that’s whats happened.

Might be worth getting in touch.

To be honest, both times the seller has just sent out stuff straight away so I don’t know if they took a risk or if there is any ‘guarantee’ with the eCheque (i.e. paypal will cover it regardless).

bigyinn
    Free Member

As a buyer I paid by e-cheque once by mistake. Contacted the seller when I realised and re-did the payment. Contact them and see what they say?

uplink
    Free Member

I suspect it’ll be because the debit card they had registered has expired so Paypal need to wait for the bank transfer to complete

leggyblonde
    Free Member

excuse my ignorance, but what on earth is an e-cheque?

crikey
    Free Member

It’s a Lancashire I-O-U.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pay Pal – Just been paid by e-cheque.’ is closed to new replies.