Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Paintballing in Leeds area
  • meandyuk

Hi,

It’s my birthday coming up (23rd Oct) and i’m looking to organise some paintballing. Problem is I don’t know of anywhere that would be a good venue. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
    Andy

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There are a couple that I know of – one on the York Road out of Leeds just before the A1 (which I really liked, but that was years ago – no idea if it is still there).

And one at Allerton Park on the A59 just off the A1 outside Harrogate. They also have quad biking at that venue, but I thought that was rubbish. The paintballing was good though.

meandyuk

Thanks, do you know if the one on York Road is this one:-
    http://www.ukpaintball.co.uk/paintball_leeds.asp

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep that’s the one.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

IIRC there is a nice pub just up the road too – if you are heading out of Leeds towards the A1, the pub is on the right (right on the road) about 500 metres before the turn down to the paintballing venue.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm, riot anyone?
    Or Banksy..

Pyro

There’s quite a few!

Best recommendation would be Skirmish near Aberford (A64/A1 junction) – paintballuk.com. Good pitches in the woods, lots of variety last time I played and a good set of marshals.

Harrogate Paintball Centre – paintballyorkshire.co.uk – looks alright. Not been to play but looked around and seems like a decent set of pitches to keep you entertained

Not tried the Yorkshire Paintball Centre – ypc.co.uk – but might be worth a look for any deals

Bottom of the list would be Elite at Hemsworth. Was there last week, 5 open pitches, all man-made obstacles etc. not much in the way of cover and a but boring and slow, to be honest. Felt slightly sorry for the marshals!

Hope that helps!

meandyuk

Cheers, i’ll check out Skirmish too!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

YPC is awesome. Been there quite a lot. 45/60 mins drive from Leeds though but well worth it. Not been for a few years but never had anything but excellent days out there.

Whatever you do, avoid at ALL costs Reaper paintball in Elland near Halifax. Went there once as its 10 mins away from home and its awful. Short games, knackered guns, rubbish marshalling, small playing areas, too many people.

meandyuk

Yeah YPC looks good but the distance is a bit of a problem.

I’m also thinking that Skimish looks a bit serious/full on!

ukpaintball.co.uk is winning at the moment i think

Cheers for this

meandyuk

Gone with YPC in the end! cheers all

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Say hello to Predator for me! Running through the woods with that thing chasing you is excellent!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Paintballing in Leeds area’ is closed to new replies.