Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • "Package left next door" note (in a mard content)
  • dan1980
    Free Member

So I ordered some stuff, and was expecting it to arrive tomorrow (as I had booked the day off) so I can put a bike back together.

For some reason the package was delivered early, and came today. The random stranger(s) who live(s) 2 doors down has apparently taken receipt of it.

I got home at just after 6, and he/she/it (to cover all bases and alien life as I have no idea who they are) hasn’t been in. Am I being unreasonable in thinking that if you’re going to take a package in for someone, you at least make sure you can give it them when they get home? And don’t get me started on the idea that courier company thinks it’s ok to just leave a parcel with a stranger who isn’t the adressee! 🙂

If I’d got the package tonight, I could have built up the bike, and gone into work tomorrow and saved myself having to make up time one day this weekend, so not hugely impressed. But I’m probably being unreasonable, but thought it best to check! 🙂

organdonor
    Free Member

oops

nuke

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that if you’re going to take a package in for someone, you at least make sure you can give it them when they get home?

Yes. Why the heck would you expect them to sit in waiting for you?

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Eh, I thought the usual etiquette in this situation, is that you knock their door and politley say,’ Hi. A note was left saying a package had been delivered to your door for me.’ They then say,’ ah yes, I’ll just get it for you.’

It is quite rude to expect them to bring it to you.

Or am I missing something?

dan1980
    Free Member

They aren’t in, and haven’t been since I got home. I’ve tried knocking.

I don’t expect them to wait in for me people have lives etc. , but if they weren’t going to be in so I could collect it, why take it off the courier?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Get. Over. Yourself.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

How some people get through life without being stabbed amazes me.

porter_jamie

You are not even on chatting terms with your close neighbours? Blimey.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

I think they’ve stolen it because they know of your rep as being a bit of a …….. 🙂

dazz
    Free Member

FFS!!!!!!!!!!

would you rather it be 2 doors away so you/they can pop round with it? or at the depot 50 miles away? Where it’s slightly less handy to pick it up yourself? The courier wouldn’t have attempted re delivery tomorrow they’d have waited for you to call & collect or arrange to have it redelivered.

You friendly helpful neighbours should smash it into your ever so slightly ungrateful face.

Just IMO you understand

allthepies
    Free Member

Oh FFS.

nuke

if they weren’t going to be in so I could collect it, why take it off the courier?

How would they have known? I don’t sync diaries with my neighbours and I talk to them!

Still fairly early, maybe they’ll be back before your bedtime

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m pleased we don’t have neighbours like you anymore!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Well the note says next door, and you have been going two doors down. Now I could be wrong but… 😉

It is a bit annoying but who knows why they are out, maybe something came up, maybe the babysitter/dog walker/cleaner didn’t know that the householder was going back out later. It is a bit annoying but no more than that.

Our postie pulled a blinder the other day “the package is in the gas meter box” clever that, very clever 🙂

Bregante

And what makes you think that they would know what time you were coming home?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

National Courier Guidelines This might help you find out what they’re supposed to do in that situation.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Does your mum still make your breakfast, and tell you you are a good boy and ever so special and wonderful?

Raindog
    Free Member

Make sure you have a bloody good moan at your neighbours when they finally get home and decide to deliver your parcel. That way they won’t make such a stupid mistake again 🙄

Northwind

If I was your neighbour reading this, I’d wee in the box.

Bunnyhop

As a ‘good neighbour’ myself and someone who works from home, I’m often asked to take delivery of parcels, however I try when possible to make sure they get to the person asap. But staying in, watching out for them is too much to ask imo.

iDave
    Free Member

For some reason the package was delivered early, and came today.

Great, you should be pleased

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that if you’re going to take a package in for someone, you at least make sure you can give it them when they get home?

I’d say unreasonable is underestimating how much of a knob you’re being

And don’t get me started on the idea that courier company thinks it’s ok to just leave a parcel with a stranger who isn’t the adressee!

They told you where it was and it was signed for, so your problem is?

But I’m probably being unreasonable, but thought it best to check!

unreal….

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I waited in all day for the next door neighbour to collect his parcel from me that I kindly looked after. It’s a disgrace he didn’t know I had to go out at 6 to visit my sick grandmother.

ton

some harsh replies here boys………….give the bloke a break…………. 😉

grum
    Free Member

This is the most unfustifed whiny thread I have ever seen on STW. Well done. 😐

project
    Free Member

an ex neighbour took a parcel in for me, a few years ago, he kept it for 2 weeks before he left a note selotaped to my front door saying he had a parcel for me, saw him in the garden and told him i was going to work and i was late, so would pick it up next door,he said ive had it for 2 weeks and forgot about telling you, when i asked him why he had kept it then, he got shirty.

Went round next dayand he said he had sent it back,as it was just hanging round and would never try to help a neighbour again.

I never did find out what the parcel was.

tagger
    Free Member

Don’t forget to tell them how hacked off you are, this will help them feel more comfortable when faced with helping you next time by simply telling the postie/courier to bog off. Unreasonable, you sound like a complete ……!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Entirely reasonable.

theflatboy
    Free Member

if this is how stressed out you get when it’s left with a neighbour, how do you cope when they just take it back to the depot with them? 😆

smoothchicken

Your neighbours being helpful, it was delivered a day early, they’ll bring it round tomorrow, so it’l be delivered on time, job done!

jimmy

I’d be waiting outside his flat tooled up for when he has the cheek to return home

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I think you’d be within your rights to kick their door in and take YOUR parcel.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Only the front door mind.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We had a parcel (jiffy bag) left at our last house for the woman next door, It was ripped at the corner (Not by me or Mrs Futtock) & guess what was in it?

I couldn’t wait for her to get home!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Was it a snake? A snake with big ears?

argyle
    Free Member

Just kick the door in and claim what’s rightly yours! Can’t believe what unhelpful neighbours you have.
    Or…. Wind it in you plumb nugget. You, yes YOU are what is wrong with the world

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Was it a snake?

Your’e on the right lines!

CHB

To the OP…you live “down south” don’t you?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Jeez – give the guy a break!

nealglover
    Free Member

Complete Rant Fail

If you want to have a public rant about something, make sure it’s not something like Parcels being delivered early.

Or Neighbours not changing their plans to suit you 🙄

Ranting about stuff like that just makes you look like a self indulgent tool

hofnar
    Free Member

Get better neighbours ASAP:

When I lived at mum and dads, retired neighbour often collected either rang the doorbell when I just got in or greeted me at door with said packages before I got in making a remarks about size another weelset?

When I moved to country side they left an extra note so I wouldn’t miss it. Some courier delivered to said countryside neighbour a year after I moved to Africa they had their granddaughter trace my cell number and call me. buddy went round to collect Frame.

I know live in France left just before Christmas elderly neighbour collect had her brother e-mail me as she was worried it was X-mas presents. There so nice I defrosted their plumbing today.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘"Package left next door" note (in a mard content)’ is closed to new replies.