Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Ow ow ow ow ow
  • theotherjonv

In an effort to broaden my activity, and also being of typical ‘middle manager who rides bikes’ physique – ie: buff from the waist down, should never be seen in the buff from the waist up (I’m the living embodiment of the exception that proves the ‘No Donald Ducking’ rule) – I’ve joined a Boot Camp fitness club.

The aerobic stuff was ‘easy’ – OK, you can always run your shuttles faster, etc., but the upper body stuff has nearly killed me. I nearly drowned in the bath last night, when I put my head under to wash my hair my abs then wouldn’t let me sit back up again!! And today I’m typing this with the only finger that doesn’t hurt.

And I was warned tomorrow would hurt even more……

Still, 16 weeks until summer holiday and I’ve got my new trunks on order 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

buff from the waist down

Legs like Wiggins, body like Biggins.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve found that doing gym stuff too hard makes it difficult to do the biking I want to do. There just isn’t the recovery time. I’m wondering if these kinds of workouts are intended to be all that you do.

But try it, and let us know how you get on. And how old you are 🙂

whitestone
    Free Member

If you want to get a six pack then lose weight, well more specifically body fat. Sure you need the muscles but if you are covering them in an inch of blubber then it doesn’t matter how much gym work you do there’ll still be a barrel in the way.

martinhutch

Lungs/Liver like Higgins.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Legs like a Panther, body like a Bantha

perchypanther
    Free Member

Legs like Jackman, Body like Pac-man

© bearnecessities

Cougar

BOBFOC?

theotherjonv

If you want to get a six pack then lose weight, well more specifically body fat.

I know, it was tongue in cheek…… I’m trying but I think I’ll be setting a more reasonable goal in reality. One that doesn’t involve people being sick when they see me topless.

BOBFOC?

Bit harsh – I wouldn’t say i have model looks, and you could rack toast in my ‘laughter lines’ but I’d snog me far sooner than a few whose photos I’ve seen on here.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve given up the upper body stuff as a bad idea and stick strictly to cardio!

theotherjonv

Why?

@mollie, I’m 48 all but. A year younger than Daniel Craig (but I’ve lived a much harder life, obviously. If eating pies counts as a hard life)

molgrips
    Free Member

You should post a before pic.

I took another one before starting Stronglifts 5×5. I’m going to post an after pic either in September, or if/when I give up on the lifting.

I look better than when I posted up the last ‘before’ pic – but I never posted an ‘after’ pic then because I thought I’d be able to continue getting skinnier. I was wrong tho.

I have read that posting selfies on social media is actually a very effective weight loss tool – holds you to account.

gonzy
    Free Member

my body is a temple……in ruins 😆

Cougar

Bit harsh

In case it’s not obvious it was just a joke, I don’t have the faintest idea what you look like.

onandon
    Free Member

For a 40 year old bloke I’m in pretty decent shape most of the year. However, as soon as I go on holiday, I enjoy the been and bread only to ” blow up ” into some sort of wobbly man shaped object.

Ah well. Miles on the bike and a few chin ups / push-ups sees me alright.

Kahurangi

I really want to use the

my body is a temple… one of those temples with monkeys sh**ing everywhere

line but I’m a skinny rake so it doesn’t work.

singlesman
    Free Member

If you want a proper ‘whole body workout’ may I suggest a day at the Dave Thorpe motocross experience ?
    I say this as a 56 year old, sub-3 marathon running full time,self employed plasterer/ builder, who’s off work today as I can’t lift my arms past my shoulders or put my own socks on! And that’s without falling off!
    Boot camp, bunch of big girls blouses

binners

😆

My body is a temple

An assortment of domes

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I have the body of a god. Sadly it’s buddha

funkmasterp

I’ve just hit forty. Pretty skinny, but I’ve started to become kind of shapeless 😯

Time to put down the crisps and pick up the suspension trainers I reckon. My body is a temple, that one in India that’s full of rats.

molgrips
    Free Member

pick up the suspension trainers

The what?

coconut
    Free Member

Legs of a stoat.. body of a goat.

matt_outandabout

I’ve one better than a six pack. It’s a keg….

P-Jay
    Free Member

I have to say I was glad when BST rolled around again so I could tell the gym to stick it for 7 months – I don’t do a lot of weights, but they kill me.

My wife is spending her evenings doing some hellish stuff with massive ropes, she says it’s great – but I notice she can’t raise her arms for about 48 hours afterwards so I’ll give it a miss.

perchypanther
    Free Member

My wife is spending her evenings doing some hellish stuff with massive ropes

Fifty Shades of Grey has a lot to answer for.

blader1611
    Free Member

I have the body of a greek god, hermaphrodite i think. 🙂

theotherjonv

OK, technical question because if yesterday hurt, today I’m ****.

I know it’s DOMS and that if I keep doing these new exercises and developing the muscle groups that haven’t been used then I won’t get DOMS (or at least not as bad)

How many sessions do you think that takes? And does anything else work to alleviate symptoms in the meantime?

igm

Just remember flab or muscle it’s all just weight on those climbs if it’s above the waist

tjagain

My body is a temple – to Bacchus, Saturn and Loki

shermer75
    Free Member

My body is a temple, which is why I leave the shoes on the outside

– care of Dennis Leary 🙂

vickypea
    Free Member

I’d snog me far sooner than a few whose photos I’ve seen on here.

😀

vickypea
    Free Member

When I was a teenager, the boys up the street used to call me “legs like a footballer, face like a pig” 🙂

funkmasterp

pick up the suspension trainers
    The what?

These:

Best form of exercise (for me) when time and space is an issue.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Still slim and toned. 11.5 stone and 5ft 10.
    Eat healthy, maybe a bit too much chocolate sometimes, drink alcohol at Christmas, birthday and on holiday.
    I do smoke however.
    My joints are knackered though because I abused them in my mid teens playing football, cricket and running, falling off motorbikes.
    Had two tibial plateau ops, and cannulated hip screws.

bodgy
    Free Member

Meh. Why have a six-pack when you can have a keg?

neilthewheel

My body is a temple. Shirley Temple.

IdleJon

Meh. Why have a six-pack when you can have a keg?

I’ve got a six-pack but not the plastic bit that holds it together.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Just have regular sex and do most of the ‘work’. That’s all the upper body workout you need.

Harry_the_Spider

What about the other arm?

sirromj

What about the other arm?

Remove it from under the toilet seat.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Ow ow ow ow ow’ is closed to new replies.