Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Ow ow ow ow ow
  • tjagain

My six pack turned into a party 7*

*Obscure reference to anyone under 50

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I have the body of a god. Sadly it’s buddha

Two wrongs not making a right

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

My six pack turned into a party 7

Yay!

Simon_Semtex
    Free Member

“She treats her body like a temple….. I treat mine like a Honky Tonk!”

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

My body is a temple…..just sadly no one preys at it 🙄

teasel
    Free Member

I know you started the thread with tongue firmly in cheek but you have sixteen weeks and a motivational reason to succeed. If you (secretly) want to get a bit more buff for the beach then do what Molgrips is doing – 5×5. If that’s too much go 3×5 but do it three times a week for twelve weeks and spend the final four weeks doing some cardio or serious (read dangerous) calorie deficit to show off those hard earned muscles.

I’m not being entirely serious about the extreme calorie cut but fat will fall off if you reduce to something like 1200 – 1000kcal a day – dangerous because your body starts to chow down on what’s available so if you have little body fat it’ll start on something else, as I understand it. Last year I experimented with weightlifting and calorie deficit to see how much I could lift and how little I could get away with eating. I had to stop lifting around 800kcal as it got a bit ridiculous.

Doing it all again after the hernia surgery and I’m eating lots of clean food – around 2800 – 3000kcal daily – and lifting a lot more weight a lot earlier than last time and losing fat whilst doing so. Not hurting anywhere near as much so the calorie surplus is taking care of the repair process.

Follow 5×5 (or similar) to the letter and you’ll see some results that’ll inspire you. You probably won’t get lighter – the complete opposite unless you’re obese – but you’ll gain some very usable strength and a decent-ish body to boot.

[Arnie] Do it. Do it now![/Arnie]

theotherjonv

Right. Week 2 tonight. I’m going to die.

Instructor asked last week if anyone has any injuries or niggles and she’d adjust exercises accordingly. It could be an hour of finger curls and toe raises for me.

retro83
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member
    but I’d snog me

I’d snog me hard

Houns

I’ve the body of a starving African child, skinny all over but a huge bloated stomach 🙁

(I know that’s bad taste, even for me, but sadly accurately describes my physique )

teasel
    Free Member

Teasel » motivational reason to succeed

My apologies for that tautological nonsense.

theotherjonv

so week 2 done and it didn’t feel as hard (maybe I was just lazy) and i don’t hurt as much this morning.

I didn’t do the sprint runs as hard as i could where I have a bit of a muscle strain I didn’t want to aggravate, but was still up with the front of the class. And all strength exercises were either completed or done to failure (as noted before, above the waist is a bit of a bombsite so abs in particular get exhausted quickly)

What was / is interesting is that being a cyclist I reckon I’ve got pretty strong thighs – yet we were doing a particular exercise (not even sure what it was at the time) and it’s ripped them to pieces this morning, but right up high (about the level of the bottom of my boxers). Just goes to show how specific cycling is that I don’t even have strong thighs, just parts of my thighs.

Daniel Craig look is still some way off.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

The cycling thighs rely on lack of extension, when you do full extensions you will feel it.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Ow ow ow ow ow’ is closed to new replies.