Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Overheard (in Halfords)
  • petestuart
    Free Member

(guy on the phone – clearly struggling with a customer complaining about their brakes)

'Obviously anything you put between the brakes and the discs to fix the squealing, will stop the brakes from functioning'

Laughed til i nearly cried!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

zokes
    Free Member

I'm unclear as to which end of the conversation you heard – it's quite feasible it could be either one is a 'tard!

njee20
    Free Member

So the customer, who's conversation you couldn't hear was being stupid and the Halfords employee was seemingly incredulous as to his stupidity?

Hi-larious.

I guess you had to be there!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Wonder if this one will get to 100+ posts.

samuri
    Free Member

cool.

I was down dirty london town over the weekend and due to the victoria line being closed (and bog all assistance on how to get to Victoria being available for country born Northeners), I found myself in embankment tube station.

Tannoy: "This is a public service announcement for those people who find it extremely funny to repeatedly press the 'Call for service' buttons located on the platforms. You may find it to your advantage to know that the Early Learning centre is currently running a promotion on all their first toys range."

Edit: Although admittedly, this has nothing to do with your post.

njee20
    Free Member

No, that's funny though Samuri!

miketually
    Free Member

I was down dirty london town over the weekend

I was down there too, and so was rocketdog. Was half of STW down there?

Drac

**** me it's like People's Friend.

enfht
    Free Member

(and bog all assistance on how to get to Victoria being available for country born Northeners

Yes there was, didn't you notice the old fella on the platform wearing a flat cap stroking his ferret? 😉

shoefiti
    Free Member

I saw a sticker on the back window of a car the other day that said:
    "i love owls"

That made me laugh more.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sam that is funny 🙂

petestuart
    Free Member

Sorry – maybe you did have to be there.

To explain – The customer was suggesting that the squealing brakes might be fixed by taking the same approach to fixing a squealiing hinge – lubricant. I heard the whole conversation – albeit only one side of it admitedly.

Samuri's is funnier. Or perhaps i mean genuinely funny.

Apologies again!

crazy-legs

We had a customer in the shop once complaining about his brakes squealing and not working well, on close examination we suggested that he might like to clean the rims since the thick black gunk all over them wouldn't be helping the braking issue.
    "Oh that's oil, I put it there to stop the brakes squealing" he explained helpfully…

I've seen/heard endless examples along those sort of lines.

Northwind

Overheard in my local Halfords…

"I like this one, it's got more suspension" (an Apollo)
    "To be honest, it's not very good, you should look at something like this (a Carrera)"
    "But this one's got more suspension"
    "Yes, but… Look, it's rubbish, alright, terrible. Don't buy it"
    "But I'm not sure I can afford this carrera. And it has less suspension"
    "To be honest, if you can't afford the carrera, you shouldn't buy any bike in this shop"

I just about cheered…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Overheard (in Halfords)’ is closed to new replies.