Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • OT. total jobs
  • Maltloaf

Has anybody had any joy with total jobs? Even got to an interview through them? The reason I ask is there are alot of jobs I've applied for on there with a strong CV and well written covering letter, but not onc have I heard back.

br
    Free Member

Mate its not just totaljobs, there are more jobs than people – welcome to a recession.

Are you younger than 30 by any chance, have you not seem one before?

richc
    Free Member

all of them seem like it, I get great feedback from my CV from the recruitment people, however no interviews. trying to get your CV through the keyword scanners is also a pain in the arse, as to make it pass the scanners tends to turn your CV into gibberish, which then get shit canned by HR

Also lots of ghost jobs, and jobs with mental requirements where they have taken a team of 4 or 5's job spec's and rolled it into one. 😐

coffeeking
    Free Member

b r – do you mean more people than jobs?!

My other half is applying for jobs constantly, generally told there's about 50-90 applicants per place, you'd have to have one very good CV to stand out.

jond
    Free Member

It used to be the case that you'd get a reply from an agency when you sent yer CV. I suspect that in this era of email there's a lot of scattergun CV sending, even if it makes it through any CV filters I wouldn't expect a reply. Could always try phoning 'em tho'

matt_bl
    Free Member

Got my current position through Total Jobs, but that was before all this recession business, c.2.5 years.

Only sent my CV for two and got replies from both. Might just be a case of keep plugging away, until you are certain it's a wasted effort!

Matt

Coyote
    Free Member

Send and wait will get you precisely nowhere. Usually on Total Jobs there will be an agency name and contact details. Send your CV and cover letter, give it five minutes and phone 'em. You want to give the impression that you want the job and I mean really want it.

I was out for 6 months and sent a LOT of CV's. For the first 3-4 months I as using the "press and pray" approach and not getting anywhere. Started ringing the agencies straight away and it made a difference.

The other thing to consider that stuff sent through Total Jobs can sometimes go astray. At least if you contact the agency direct and they've not got your stuff you can send it straight to them.

Good Luck!

Flaperon

Never had a sniff of an interview from one of those sites, and they've had multiple versions of my CV to work from.

Managed to get a job in the end by going to a recruitment agency and lieing bigtime about my qualifications.

BigJohn

When applying for a job try to phone the recruiter first. Or at least give a personalised covering letter for that job.

I recruit sales people. If they can't do either of those 2 things – they're not sales people in my book.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘OT. total jobs’ is closed to new replies.