Viewing 40 posts - 4,121 through 4,160 (of 12,715 total)
  • Osbourne says no to currency union.
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Manchester winning eh?

Keep up lads, that YES vote won’t happen by itself! 😀

DaRC_L

muddydwarf lol
    also has the irritating nature of pro-Yes Scots people living in the South of England been done?

mt
    Free Member

When Yorkshire gains it’s freedom from Scotland and the UK we’ll have Leeds as the financial capital and York as the true ceremonial.
    I’d sooner not mirror the narrow minded bigotry and petty nationalism that has been shown on this thread so far but it must be made very clear. Under no circumstances will there be a currency union with Lancashire unless they agree to full political union and rename themselves the “More West Riding of Yorkshire”.

aracer
    Free Member

Is that an official yS slogan?

aracer
    Free Member

The Edinburgh defence? (well it had to be done!) 😆

gordimhor

Careful now mt or some of those Lancastrians might take a per centage of the population sized bite out of your Wensleydale.
    What about Earby?
    border dispute

muddydwarf
    Free Member

As long as Yorkshire finally acknowledges its backward child & takes full & final responsibility for Todmorden they can have independence – we’ll even throw in Bacup!

duckman

Nothing I ever say can be described as anti-Scottish other than when said in jest

The lady doth protest to much.
    May I refer to aracer’s post on the Edinburgh defence?

mt
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with Bacup well apart from Lancashire. Todmorden is a typical Yorkshire town as far as I’m concerned. So pleased we’ve moved onto the real quest for freedom in the fantastic land that is the British isles. Even Scotland.

Remember cry freedom cry Yorkshire and remember Swaledale is where it’s at, god love it.

aracer
    Free Member

duckman – did you not realise it proves he’s not anti-Scottish though?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

May I refer to aracer’s post on the Edinburgh defence?

I would much rather that instead of referring to aracer’s post you actually referred to my posts and provided some evidence of “anti-Scottish” sentiments by me, if that’s what you’re accusing me of. It’s hard to tell. Either copy and paste or direct links whichever you fancy – makes no odds to me.

And btw aracer’s post on the Edinburgh defence aimed at me was said in jest, as the laughing emoticon which accompanied it heavily suggested. I thought I should point that out with you being a grumpy Scotsman lacking a sense of humour 🙂

piemonster

Yorkshire is a dump, although I admit that Lancashire is even worse.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Brilliant , I salute you and I genuinely laughed out loud at that one.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member

As long as Yorkshire finally acknowledges its backward child & takes full & final responsibility for Todmorden they can have independence – we’ll even throw in Bacup!

the Lancashire flag flying over Todmorden Cricket Club always makes me smile, that said it is part of The County Palatine 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

oh god, don’t bring up the Middle East now…

athgray
    Free Member

I have heard a couple of people on radio phone in’s recently backtrack when forgetting to replace English with Westminster. One robustly argumentitive, and well spoken lady backing independence saying, “We don’t want the Engli…. sorry Westminster to get our oil money!” Westminster is used as code to play on a portion of the populaces predjustices. I don’t look on SNP like the BNP, however I reckon they are more like UKIP. I reckon plenty of nationalists think No voting Scots are somehow less Scottish, as if a Yes vote should really count double.
    My prediction of a Putin like style of leadership but not policy may have been ridiculed at the time, however I can see the admiration our potential first prime minister has for the man will result in some of Putin’s style rubbing off.
    The rise of UKIP keeps being cited as representing the rUK as somehow racially or culturally intolerant. That is complete bo***cks. Scotlands relatively pathetic history of immigration is certainly no cause for claiming the moral high ground.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cjeOKxnVB8[/video]

bencooper
    Free Member

I have heard a couple of people on radio phone in’s recently

I see what you did wrong there 😀

epicyclo

athgray – Member
    …My prediction of a Putin like style of leadership but not policy may have been ridiculed at the time, however I can see the admiration our potential first prime minister has for the man will result in some of Putin’s style rubbing off…

Blast it, sprung!

Even as you speak, at a remote location in the Highlands, ferocious kilted Pandas are being trained to race across rivers with tubby riders on their backs.

Northwind

athgray – Member

Scotlands relatively pathetic history of immigration is certainly no cause for claiming the moral high ground.

Scottish immigration’s generally lower than England’s. Is it because we’re all racists? Or is it because nobody’s heard of Scotland, it’s harder to get to, and it never stops raining? You decide.

Ironically I’m in the immigration business and it’s mental UKBA racist-pleasing policy that gives us the most trouble.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That must be it……no one’s heard of Scotland.

And it’s harder to get to.

gordimhor

Funny enough I thought Westminster was being used as a code for an ineffective and unfair system of government, leading us to elect administrations which have a significant problem with corruption and arequite divorced from the reality of life for many people throughout the UK, administrations which are really working hand in glove with and for a relatively small economic elite.

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, so interchangeable with Holyrood then.

konabunny
    Free Member

Bencooper: if you don’t know what the “no true Scotsman” fallacy is then JFGI and consider your claim that Scottish orange lodges aren’t really Scottish!

Scotlands relatively pathetic history of immigration is certainly no cause for claiming the moral high ground.

What’s so pathetic about Scotland’s history of immigration?

mt
    Free Member

Tut tut piemonster, tha’s never really been to Yorkshire or tha’d not be getting t insults. Unless you wer brought up Wombwell. Mind even that dump looks attractive t most places outside Yorkshire.

duckman

Now you are making things up Ernie,I said you liked to throw in anti Scottish stereotypes every so often. Your claim that you didn’t have to be anti English to be pro independence came yesterday? A couple of days after;

and all the saltire-waving mel gibson wannabes who have been so vociferous in their cry for freedoom over almost four thousand posts and more than a hundred pages

which was apparently a joke ( even although nobody else got it)

BTW I believe that DO is the Deceitful One. Silly name calling appears to be is very fashionable on here

Hoisted by etc etc…
    Since we are doing stereotypes,I found one of your holiday films on youtube
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ymZaMJ_Pno[/video]

piemonster

Tut tut piemonster, tha’s never really been to Yorkshire or tha’d not be getting t insults. Unless you wer brought up Wombwell. Mind even that dump looks attractive t most places outside Yorkshire.

You can blame Sheffield for my attitude. Particularly Sharrow.

/fighting talk
    Your beers rubbish too.
    /end fighting talk

piemonster

*insert appropriate smiley face here*

mt
    Free Member

Na then Pie lad get the self over t Bradfield. A few pints o Farmers Blonde then we can do a bit of fisticuffs over the merits of Yorkshire beer. Scotland should be forced to be independent on the grounds that have Sweet Heart Stout. The south of Englandshire should ang it’s head in shame for the gnats piss they serve.

A free Yorkshire would have free beer (brewed int county) on all holidays, whoevers holiday it is.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Now you are making things up Ernie,I said you liked to throw in anti Scottish stereotypes every so often. Your claim that you didn’t have to be anti English to be pro independence came yesterday? A couple of days after;

“and all the saltire-waving mel gibson wannabes who have been so vociferous in their cry for freedoom over almost four thousand posts and more than a hundred pages”

That’s hardly stereotyping the Scots ffs !

The saltire-waving mel gibson wannabes who have been so vociferous in their cry for freedoom over almost four thousand posts and more than a hundred pages, number somewhere in the region of half a dozen, if that. So it is perfectly obvious that they don’t represent the majority of Scots on STW let alone Scots in Scotland, if they even live in Scotland.

I’ve got a Scottish mate that I ride with on a weekly basis when he’s home from his oil rig, as he is at the moment in fact, and it’s hard to imagine a less saltire-waving mel gibson wannabe. I have no reason to believe that he is untypical, and judging from my experience he isn’t – far from it.

which was apparently a joke ( even although nobody else got it)

Who said it was a joke ? I certainly didn’t. And I wouldn’t expect saltire-waving mel gibson wannabes, on whose behalf you presumably speak, to find if funny.

Is that the best evidence you could come up with for my “anti-Scottish” sentiments ? How disappointing for you.

🙂

duckman

Edit, can’t be bothered.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ditto since you’ve edited.

sbob
    Free Member

Both your mothers.

epicyclo

ernie_lynch – Member
    …The saltire-waving mel gibson wannabes who have been so vociferous in their cry for freedoom over almost four thousand posts and more than a hundred pages, number somewhere in the region of half a dozen,..

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-flag006.gif[/img][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-flag006.gif[/img][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-flag006.gif[/img]

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The saltire-waving mel gibson wannabes who have been so vociferous in their cry for freedoom over almost four thousand posts and more than a hundred pages, number somewhere in the region of half a dozen, if that. So it is perfectly obvious that they don’t represent the majority of Scots on STW let alone Scots in Scotland, if they even live in Scotland.

There’s a few of us living in Scotland who’ve contributed a lot to this thread and (apart from Ben ;P ) I wouldn’t call any of us “saltire-waving mel gibson wannabes”, and tbh find the accusation a little offensive. But that was your intent, so well done.

The thread that asked can you vote and which way you will you vote showed the Yes side winning, though not by much. So I’d guess that the lack of activity in this thread from the other forumites is more to do with the fact that it’s nearly 120 pages long and is still going around in circles.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My prediction of a Putin like style of leadership but not policy may have been ridiculed at the time, however I can see the admiration our potential first prime minister has for the man will result in some of Putin’s style rubbing off.

I cannot wait to see wee eck topless astride a horse bare chested with just a gun for company…perhaps he is chasing down errand English as he rids their curse from his homeland
    FFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM
    #Strangest erection ever

Give over man its beyond project fear and into fruit loopery though they were most unwise comments by AS- still not his first as I am sure THM can attest

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You obviously haven’t been following the thread in great detail whatnobeer as if you had you would understand that the saltire-waving mel gibson wannabes comment was aimed at those who support a separate Scotland being a full NATO member and yet refuse to explain the desirability of NATO membership (the issue being discussed was nuclear weapons).

My question was a perfectly fair question specially in light of the fact that for 30 years it was official SNP policy for an independent Scotland not to be in NATO. So what’s happened in the last 30 years that caused the SNP to change its policy towards NATO so dramatically ?

As far as I can see not much apart from the fact that NATO member states have in recent decades been involved in wars and military engagements in a way that previously they never had been. And I can see the possible appeal this might have to saltire-waving mel gibson wannabes.

The good news is that you were only “a little” offended by my little dig 🙂

And it’s apparently the only example of my “anti-Scottish” sentiments.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jebus, I thought this thread was ridiculous 20 pages ago, but youse have taken it to a new level! 😆 Are youse not boring yourselves? :mrgreen:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There’s almost another 6 months to go seosam. I expect the debate to start getting a little heated as we approach the date of the referendum 🙂

epicyclo

ernie_lynch – Member
    …So what’s happened in the last 30 years that caused the SNP to change its policy towards NATO so dramatically ?…

Maybe they do something radical – like listen to what their supporters are saying?

Viewing 40 posts - 4,121 through 4,160 (of 12,715 total)

The topic ‘Osbourne says no to currency union.’ is closed to new replies.