Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ordered my new "bike2work" today
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

And should have it in a couple of weeks, once the nice people at Head For The Hills have built it.
    A combination of the following:

Singular
    Alfine
    Versa
    Nitto
    Avid
    Gilles Berthoud
    Velo Orange
    Busch & Muller

Getting excited now 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

Gilles Berthoud – thank god you didn't buy the whole bike. Practical no doubt, but nae bonnie !

Woody
    Free Member

Sounds excellent BTW and please post pics when you get it as it's very similar to the sort of thing I'll be looking at when my employer gets their act together with B2W.

Kahurangi

Woody – 'im up there ^ did a good job of getting some numbers and getting our HR to go with Cyclescheme, as this is just the sort of practical stuff that our previous scheme (EBC) couldn't supply us with.

I still think it's too nice to ride to work though. It will get GROTTY 😈

Woody
    Free Member

JonT

It's nice up^there, especially around Rothbury 😆

I think our scheme is coming back in April but it depends whether it is still rigidly tied into THIS SCHEME (big pdf file} although the Dalesman looks like a particularly good buy.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

how much did it come to? any chance of more details?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Will post pics and details when I get it.
    (came to about £1650, so £150 over our cyclescheme limit)

Woody
    Free Member

I didn't realise that individual companies had the option to increase the purchase cost ceiling of £1000. Do you just pay the extra £650 back as if it was a normal 'company loan' and get tax relief on £1000 only?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Nope – company credit license is for £1500. Luckily one of our directors could see the benefit in letting us buy more expensive bikes. So I'm paying the extra £150 (in fact have done as a deposit) then pay back to my employers over 18 months. Works out about £70/month gross, so net effect of £50/month

Woody
    Free Member

Excellent, and a very nice saving to boot.

Lovely part of the country to have a bike commute 😆

yossarian
    Free Member

i just picked up a singular swift plus alfine, plus magura louise carbons etc

was 'ahem' only 950 quid on the btw scheme 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ordered my new "bike2work" today’ is closed to new replies.