Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Orcas out to dinner
  • sangobegger
    Free Member

Blimey,I have to tell someone.Was up home in Durness at the weekend – very nice and all that,just about to jump in the car and WHOA!!! – 5 or 6 Killer whales 200 yards from our front door giving a seal flying lessons.You could hear the thump of their tails on the poor brute.He gave them a good run for their money though, by the look of the speed the whales were going at initially.Snack time over they then proceeded to hunt the shallows in the nearby island,and finished off their fun time with two whales leaping clear of the water one after the other.Oh – and the local biking is no bad either!

piha
    Free Member

Sounds amazing, did you have your camera?

sangobegger
    Free Member

Got a couple of pics,but they were a tad out of focus to say the least.Got much better ones of Rissos Dolphins from the boat last week though.

martinxyz
    Free Member

cool. i spent 1st of Jan a few years ago with a seal in the water at Sango. i nearly s*i* myself when it popped its head up and weighed me up.it was sussing me out from down below and cropping up diffrent places. i spent the day in the sun,and the only living thing i saw for the first part of new years day was this seal. nobody else around.

rs
    Free Member

did it look like this 🙂

MrFarrellsSodasuite
    Free Member

I went to a party on Tower beach Vancouver on Saturday night, watched some seals, then at 2 a.m swam naked in phosphorescent blooms…didn't see any Orca though.

Coyote
    Free Member

Is that the Mersey?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Orcas out to dinner’ is closed to new replies.