Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orange ST4 Deal
  • colin27
    Free Member

Just seen this is my LBS. What is the consensus on the ST4? I know it won Reader’s Bike of the Year but does anyone actually have one? Is this the deal of the year or should I push the boat out for a new Five?
    Cheers

colin27
    Free Member

I should mention that it has over £650 off RRP as it’s a 2011 model – sorely tempted.

markenduro
    Free Member

Thanks for the link, just bought it 😆

Only joking, looks like a good deal though and a fairly good spec on the components.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

Love my old model, lots of fans here for that one. Not seen too many people with the new model appear yet, but there is one chap on here that got one as a warranty replacement IIRC, and he loves it 🙂

Mal-ec
    Free Member

I’d be one of those. Do a search loads of old threads discussing this.
    I’ve yet to find anything the 2011 frame doesn’t do better than the 2010 one.
    Don’t recognize the reviews in the mags as an accurate representation of what it it can do, whereas the reviews of the older frame design love it….
    Its not particularly light, but its a great trail bike, that is properly fun to ride hard, so needs bolt through fork, wide bars/short stem + proper tyres IMHO.

Oh and wished I was on a Five for 0% of the riding I’ve done in the last year.

amt27
    Free Member

I know it won Reader’s Bike of the Year but does anyone actually have one?

didn’t this happen before the bike was even released?

has been reviewed elsewhere

drifting_james
    Free Member

The st4 is good, but IMHO the 5 is better. I had a 5 as a warranty replacement for a cracked st4, swapped over all the same kit (took the spacer out o my floats to get the 140mm travel back) and believe the 5 encouraged more ambitious riding.

However, you wont regret either.

MbwardleWTF
    Free Member

Alex

Both Mal-Ec and I had Warranty replacements for the later model. I’m with Alec, new one is the variant the first one should have been! Mine’s done about 2200k in just over a year and the only issues has been a set of of replacement bearings and a DU bush. And it’s not had an easy life.

Not light for a 4.5in trail bike, but so a lot of fun to ride. No way I’d need a 5 (friend has one and it’s a hoot but I prefer my ST4) and the great thing about the ST4 is it’s great at most stuff I ride (FoD, Malverns, Wales, Trail centres, Peaks, Quantocks, etc).

710mm bars, bolt through fork, 2.25 tubeless tyres, 70mm step, dropper post and determined expression will get you up and down most stuff.

I’ve been a serial bike buyer for 10 years, but since having this ST4, not interested in anything else. Fab, love mine.

GRAEMEJONES

Just do it, you will not be sorry 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orange ST4 Deal’ is closed to new replies.