Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orange paint jobs
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Anybody had a frame resprayed by Orange before, how much were it and did they do a good job?

wl
    Free Member

A mate had his frame re-sprayed and they did a great job. No idea of cost.

Sim

From here: http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/support/faqs/

Yes, we offer a full re-spray service on all Orange mountain bikes. You can either contact us directly or make arrangements through your dealer.

Before sending your frame for re-spray, remove all over-lacquer decals. This minimises the time we have to spend preparing each frame and maximises efficiency. Package carefully and send to the factory (see contact page). Include a clear covering letter with all necessary contact information.

On receipt of your frame, we will strip the existing paint and prepare it for powder-coating. It will then be painted in the earliest allocated window for that particular colour, with standard colours painted more frequently. Fresh out of the oven we’ll face and ream any excess paint, reassemble with new bearings, apply new decals and fit a metal headbadge. This is a fairly labour intensive programme, but when it’s finished, it’llcome back looking like brand new.

Expect a wait of two to three weeks depending on colour choice and schedule.

Hardtails (including decals and return postage in mainland UK) – £150
    Full suspension (including pivot kit, decals and return postage in mainland UK) – £200

bungalistic
    Free Member

That’s great cheers. It’s not an orange frame so decals shouldn’t be an issue I just wanted good quality and good colour.

fwokinfwok
    Free Member

we offer a full re-spray service on all Orange mountain bikes.

And you want to send a frame back that ISN’T an Orange..?

bungalistic
    Free Member

If they do that then yeah, why not

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh god, IT’S STICKERS FFS!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I had my Patriot re done by them and I’m dead pleased. To be honest the respray has lasted better than the original paint.

New bearings and the put nice new decals/stickers (delete as it suits you) from the original year of manufacture.

The only problem was it made all my finishing kit look tatty 🙁

But – the whole service was very good. Got to have a good chat to them about colours and was dead pleased with the whole process.

incognito
    Free Member

Bunga, readingthat indicates they ONLY do Orange bikes.

You need Argos cycles or similar mate. I have a frame iwantto get redone too. In orange hence myinterest in your thread. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orange paint jobs’ is closed to new replies.