Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Orange P7 – Brake Installation question
  • BruceM
    Free Member

I have some post mount brakes i am trying to install onto a Orange P7 (Series 9) which i have recent aquired. However when the wheel is in, the calliper sitting on the disc, there is a good 8-10mm space between the calliper and the frame post mount. It would appear some sort of spacer is required, I’ve never had this with any other frame (granted not many ), am i missing something obvious?? Any help or a link to what i need would be appreciated.

meehaja
    Free Member

mine has a big spacer, used it on my 456 as well? came on the brakes, so never questioned it?

theotherjonv

had that on mine (not sure what model mine is but it’s an older one)

two M6 nuts between the mount and the caliper worked for me and looks surprisingly OK

BruceM
    Free Member

Thanks guys, i appreciate the answers, i guess il just bodge something:)

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The frame doesn’t have post mounts, it has IS mounts. What brake do you have? What mount/adaptor does it have?

theotherjonv
    BruceM
    Free Member

Threefish- youare correct, sorry that was me getting mixed up between standards. I have an IS caliper.

theotherjonv, Thanks very much, thats exactly what i needed.

I have have now sorted it with an ugly bodge untill i can get something better.

Cheers

Jeffus
    Free Member

I had a 2010 frame never had to bodge the brake, the adapter just bolted on, needed slightly longer bolts than normal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Orange P7 – Brake Installation question’ is closed to new replies.