Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Orange five with 2003 vanilla 124r forks
  • bangaio
    Free Member

I current;y have a 2003 heckler (130mm travel) on which I run vanilla 125r forks. Shortly after I set up my heckler I stopped riding almost completely. I'm now getting back on it, following a move of house to an area where the trails hopefully plentiful and brilliant but I am seriously thinking about changing frame.

My Heckler is a medium – I am 5'11" and it has always felt just a bit too short. I think an Orange five would be right up my street.

My Vanillas are 495mm axle to crown. Given the fact the five has fairly slack angles anyway would I be able to run these. Compared to say float 140s at 511mm I think this would steepen the angles by about 3/4 degree. Even if it was 1 degree that would put it at 68 degrees which is still ok.

What do you think – could I get away with these forks which because of minimal riding are fine until I could stretch to something up to date and yummy?

ddmonkey

I think you'll find the forks will be fine for all round riding when set at the 5" travel setting.

bomberman
    Free Member

They'll be fine and it'll corner like a beast 😉

bangaio
    Free Member

cool – this is good news. Think tallas or rev u-turns would be the way forward in the future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Orange five with 2003 vanilla 124r forks’ is closed to new replies.