Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange Five or Blood.
  • el_diablo
    Free Member

I recently bought an Orange Blood to go alongside my 2008 Five SE, thinking it would be more fun to ride than the Five, but harder work on the climbs.

Well, I was only half right, the Blood is an absolute hoot to ride and I’m very much smitten with it, but it climbs a hell of a lot better than I was expecting. So much so, that I’m now wondering if I still need the Five. I was planning on keeping the old girl in more of an XC trim as opposed to the burlier state it has morphed into over the years.

I’m now contemplating getting shut of it and replacing it with some sort of hardtail whippet.

Oh what to do? Thoughts please.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’m now contemplating getting shut of it and replacing it with some sort of hardtail whippet.

That’s what I was going to suggest, although would you really use it?

pyro9n
    Free Member

I’ve got a Blur LTC and a Chameleon hardtail. Ride both – been riding the HT a lot in the snow on local trails. The bigger bike is good in the rocks and serious trails in the Lakes, but the Cam makes a more interesting ride on the smaller stuff. 130mm forks and a smallish frame size means its good on the singletrack and can mix it up if required.

The h/t is also good on big days out, and it rarely goes wrong, so its always working as well!

Love both, so chop the 5 and grab a burly h/t – loads of fun.

Neil

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

or go for the alpine 160 like me ;p awesome on the downhills and still climbs the hills i used to ride on my cannondale its a bike made for the job lot, demo it and you will see 🙂

el_diablo
    Free Member

Forgot to mention…I’ve also got a Merlin Rocky Ridge 140mm hardtail, which I’ve agreed a sale on to make way for the Blood, I suppose I could keep that, sell the Five and lavish some cash on the Marin!……

RichT

Sell the five, keep the Rocky Ridge and buy an Orange R8!

elaineanne
    Free Member

is there a Ragley hardtail bike that would suit you ?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Blood and Rocky Ridge sounds a good combo to be. The 5 is just going to be the middle ground between the 2 surely?

el_diablo
    Free Member

Don’t know much about Ragleys to be honest.

Think I’ll still let the Marin go and give the Five some hard thinking. I’ve only done 2 hour long rides on the Blood so far, so maybe the Five can stay and be an all-dayer bike.

I would quite like to spec up and build a top spec hard tail though.
    Not sure if it’s the done thing on here, but how much do you reckon I’d get for an ’08 Five SE?)

grizzpup
    Free Member

el diablo email re: your five I could be interested in purchasing

ta

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange Five or Blood.’ is closed to new replies.