Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange 5 or sub 5 breakage?
  • polarisandy
    Free Member

following on from t’other thread about a broken santacruz/turner or whatever, has anyone broken or known of a five being broken?

Can’t imagine it somehow.

uplink
    Free Member

A cracked Sub5 was hardly unknown

polarisandy
    Free Member

Really, where were they going?

uplink
    Free Member

seat tube – top tube interface IIRC

colnagokid

mine went round the shock mounting on the frame, but it was replaced cheaply by orange even tho it was oldish.
    Good quick service by Orange

saladdodger
    Free Member

I broke my sub5 the main pivot broke out of the frame ( climbing out of a combe on the Q’s honest)

Bought the bike second hand Orange were not interested at all

Last orange purchase

unklebuck
    Free Member

My early 2005 5 cracked on the seat tube/bb weld about 2 weeks before it went out of warrenty.

It was repaired and resprayed by Orange and has been fine ever since. The welding over the repair is a bit lumpy but you’d not spot it unless I pointed it out. No issues with confidence in the repair, even with my 15st on it…

Apparently the weld hadn’t penetrated enough when it was built. I only found it after it started creaking when pedaling sat down and I spotted the paint lifting by the crack.

jonk

My ’05 5 cracked at the swingarm out of warranty orange did me a deal on a new swingarm but the 2 yr warranty they give is pretty bad compared to others out there.

z1ppy

saladdodger – Member
    I broke my sub5 ….
    Bought the bike second hand Orange were not interested at all
    Last orange purchase

Heard ppl complain about the orange warrenty before, but complaining because they wouldn’t deal with you as bought it 2nd hand is industry wide approach, so your comment seems a little harsh… care to expand?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Heard ppl complain about the orange warrenty before, but complaining because they wouldn’t deal with you as bought it 2nd hand is industry wide approach, so your comment seems a little harsh… care to expand?

OK if I had trashed the thing I would of took it on the chin but it was less than 2 years old and well looked after and there reaction was basically tough and I did when climbing FFS

But also I bought a P7 when they first came out ( about 1994) and had no end of issues with slippping seat posts to get a reply I do not know how to tighten a seat post clamp after I had 3 framsets replaced at that I told eorange to take the bike back and I had a refund from my lbs

Basically Shite customer service historically

I will give praise when its due eg the Focus I bought for the wife, even On One but Orange er sorry no

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 or sub 5 breakage?’ is closed to new replies.