• This topic has 362 replies, 95 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 363 total)
  • Online Dating Updates
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

” Well travelled, but plenty more places on the list, that I have yet to see “. I don’t mind a bit of travel, but the prospect of being constantly dragged off to yet another 13 hour flight to go look at old buldings, street wise monkeys, or summmat, everytime the current account has more than £500 in it. Doesn’t appeal.
    Or, they were horsey. Which is a guaranteed killer deal-breaker!

I’m not in the market, but I’ve been popping in here to see just how you Guys are getting on, however this caught my eye..

Or, they were horsey.

Which got my fetlocks ruffled 😆

hora
    Free Member

Frankly, ime, 6 yr old pics is light weight, compared to what I’ve witnessed. However, probably a good indication of what you might be letting yourself in for.

Go on- intrigued!

Solo
    Free Member

hora – Member

Frankly, ime, 6 yr old pics is light weight, compared to what I’ve witnessed. However, probably a good indication of what you might be letting yourself in for.

Go on- intrigued!

Don’t confuse willing to debate, with willing to humiliate.

People posting pics of themselves in their late 20s when they are early 40s. Appears to be fair game in the minds of some. I don’t subscribe.

hora
    Free Member

I don’t ‘get’ that. I’d post pics of me- then I know if someone contacts me and it developed into meeting up I wouldn’t have to worry about them thinking ‘god he photographs better than he looks’.

Why would a girl do that? Chancing it or ego- the worry that not enough online hits means not enough attention?

Solo
    Free Member

Why would a girl do that? Chancing it or ego- the worry that not enough online hits means not enough attention?

Firstly, allow me to refer you to an earlier post:
    As a Man, accept that you will never fully understand a woman, no matter how long you spend with one, they will always be able to puzzle you with how they see a situation. To which your reaction, naturally, will be “wtf ??”. Know this, be ready for it and enjoy the rest of the ride.

Secondly, I’d hesitate to say only women do that. For all I know (and it wouldn’t surprize me) some men might make that mistake when throwing up a dating website selfie.

However, I’m with you. Being honest, including using recent pictures, is the only way to be. Pity I’m not photogenic.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Or adding a million filters to the pics….. had more than one that looked NOTHING like the pics…
    Or my fave was the one who after a lovely evening, loads of chat, flirting, etc told me she soooo wanted to take me home!
    Then an hr later after more texting sent a text saying I wasn’t what she was looking for! 😯

Solo
    Free Member

Or adding a million filters to the pics
    Well, that is their perogative. I can way beat that though.
    One women I got chatting too, eventually offer the detail that the picture in her profile wasn’t of her, it was a picture of a friend.
    😆

Then an hr later after more texting sent a text saying I wasn’t what she was looking for!

Like I posted, women and men don’t do the same line in ‘sanity’. Roll with it, while remembering, we probably confuse the shit outta them too.

Also, ime, women approach online dating convinced that all men are murders. Obviously there’s some sort of scale to female sanity.

Life, eh?
    😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

Should’ve known better seeing as she is a member on here………

hora
    Free Member

Weird. I’m bloody glad I’m not doing it. I asked her about the pics- why not a recent one as she’d look better (IMO- she would)- she just giggled and didn’t answer.

Think I’d rather turn bloody gay or celibate. 😆

Should’ve known better seeing as she is a member on here………

Ooooo mother of one?

Mister-P
    Free Member

As I started this thread I feel I should post an update. I have rekindled an old relationship, one that I should probably have not walked away from in the first place but perhaps the break has done me good. I’ve decided to give up on women completely and am back on the mountain bike 😀

Solo
    Free Member

I’ve decided to give up on women completely and am back on the mountain bike
    And they lived, happily, ever after.
    **Sniffles**

Solo
    Free Member

she just giggled and didn’t answer.

That is your full-blown crazy girl, right there!

hammyuk
    Free Member

No – fit as f*ck, cheeky an ever so slightly bomkers – perfect really but hey 😆

Solo
    Free Member

No – fit as f*ck, cheeky an ever so slightly bomkers – perfect really but hey

You’d think that, so long as you never find out what she’s giggling about. Guarantee it aint anything you’re saying to her.

Like I posted, completely off the reservation.
    Gotta lov’em.

hora
    Free Member

**** me. Good to be reminded how lucky I am.

Solo
    Free Member

hora – Member
    **** me. Good to be reminded how lucky I am.

Just never allow yourself to find out what she is giggling at. Serious!

DezB
    Free Member

I had a flurry (well, about 4 – which is definitely a flurry compared to the usual!) of messages last weekend… .now, if I’m going to message someone, I’ll look at their profile, pick something interesting from it and message them about that, with a question of some kind to prompt a reply (or not, as is usually the case (probably because I’m not George Clooney and that’s who they all deserve) ahem)
    Message I get (from, it has to be said, fatties) invariably say “Hi there (-: “
    or in one case “Hie there” Cool, can’t even spell a 2 letter word that one.

One said “your grey sidies don’t suit you”. I felt like sending some abuse in response.

Am actually meeting up with my previous erm, PoF “friend” (ok, “girlfiend”) this weekend. Nice that we’re still mates I suppose!

Solo
    Free Member

because I’m not George Clooney
    😥

DezB
    Free Member

You too eh?

emsz
    Free Member

You guys want some tips? 😉

Solo
    Free Member

You too eh?
    Actually, I’ve got that full head of hair, in that style, brown, going white at the sides.

Unfortunately, I appear to be just as Human as anyone else, until I get 2D as in a picture, then it’s like “Who’s that!”
    It’s hopeless.
    😆

What I initially found to be confusing was how those Clooney hunters, weren’t exactly Julia Roberts / Kate Blanchett themselves. Funny that.
    **Sighs**

Solo
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    You guys want some tips?

Ermmmm, Thanks and all that, but I’m not sure that employing whatever techniques you use, to get wit the ladies you like. Is going to work for me. Something to do with the plumbing, I believe.

But enlighten us anyway, I’m here til 12.

DezB
    Free Member

What I initially found to be confusing was how those Clooney hunters, weren’t exactly Julia Roberts / Kate Blanchett themselves. Funny that.

Exactly my point. They see something different from me in their selfies with a pink phone in front of their double chins, that’s for sure.

(I’m not bitter, honest!!)

hora
    Free Member

those Clooney hunters, weren’t exactly Julia Roberts / Kate Blanchett themselves. Funny that.

No because every single hollywood/Working Titles film has a loveable, sweet female who is slightly downtrodden, likeable and identifiable with everyone who ends off with a handsome, successful, caring and funny guy.

In contrast the parallel version males are lambasted/always chasing the hot women and never having any success with anything.

So (sadly) females seem to be of the opinion that they too must have the same outcome and not put up with less.

Maybe an oversimplification but hey.

Then theres Sex in the City. Jesus wept 😯

hammyuk
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    You guys want some tips?

surely its the guys giving the tip…….

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Well seeing as you appear to live on Mars

Lancashire actually, which can be surprisingly similar at times.

You guys want some tips?

Is it about the way I always start a conversation with ” Hi, so on a scale of 1 – 10, how mental would you say you are ?”

Solo
    Free Member

hammyuk – Member

emsz – Member
    You guys want some tips?

surely its the guys giving the tip…….

Careful, Emsz has an alternative perspective on chicks.

trailofdestruction – Member
    You guys want some tips?

Is it about the way I always start a conversation with
    ” Hi, so on a scale of 1 – 10, how mental would you say you are ?”

Errmmm, no, really, that’s er, fine?
    😆
    Ok, I know you’re only joking…. you’re joking, right?
    😯

hammyuk
    Free Member

Solo – I’m fully aware of Emsz “perspective” 😉
    it’s a lucky girl thats get to play with her 😀

Solo
    Free Member

Then theres Sex in the City. Jesus wept

Hell yeah, the dating-sphere is awash with SJPs.
    Mare!

hooli

Hi, so on a scale of 1 – 10, how mental would you say you are

Surely that doesn’t work? Even the most “normal” ones start at about a 4 😕

hora
    Free Member

Emsz has an alternative perspective on chicks.

I know a couple of bi-ladies who love to **** lesbians around. Its almost as though its fashion, wake up fancying abit, lead on then drop the poor girl for a new bloke. Mental.

[hora trying to understand women]Is it certain women want to feel wanted, want men (or women) to chase them then when they feel wanted they turn stone cold and move on?[/hora trying to understand women]

emsz
    Free Member

Careful, Emsz has an alternative perspective on chicks.

In that I’m capable of interacting with other people as a normal human, you mean? 🙄

I don’t speak chicken

Solo
    Free Member

Is it certain women want to feel wanted, want men (or women) to chase them then when they feel wanted they turn stone cold and move on?

Those are certainly still in circulation. Once they know they own you they drop you. Your choice is to decide whether you can live never being able to convey just how much you like them.
    Or move on.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Secondly, I’d hesitate to say only women do that. For all I know (and it wouldn’t surprize me) some men might make that mistake when throwing up a dating website selfie.

I just realised my facebook profile pic is now 6 years old.

The one I don’t understand is my missus, her pic was old when we met, and it’s a low resolution blury one!

Solo
    Free Member

In that I’m capable of interacting with other people as a normal human, you mean?

I don’t speak chicken

Wind your neck in, that isn’t what I posted, as you well know.
    Although how you seem have chosen to take my comments, perfectly illustrates the point I was making earlier.

Funny thing, with minorities, you try to cater for them and you’re a patonizing shit. Ignore them and you’re equally as hideous.
    Thanks.

emsz
    Free Member

**** it its Friday and I love you guys

1. Be yourself. Be confident be happy. smile
    2. Be honest with her and yourself about what you both want
    3. Show some interest in what makes her tick
    4. Dress nice, smell nice, have a hair cut
    5. Pay for dinner (although lunch is a nicer first date)
    6. Never say “I’ll call you” if you’re not gonna. It’s cheap
    7. Lots of girls are shit scared of the date nutbag, its different for us, be nice
    8. Oh, you can’t deal with crazy. She might be smokin but trust me, you won’t ever be able to get a handle on it, there’s a reason she’s single
    9. We might have hang ups : commitment, trust whatever, you know what? most of you have as well
    10. If you don’t want to kiss her 3 hours in, it’s not going anywhere

Ok?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Ok, I know you’re only joking…. you’re joking, right?

Yes, it’s a joke. No emoticons were harmed in the making of this post.

In that I’m capable of interacting with other people as a normal human, you mean?

*serious face* As are most people. I think half the problem arises with miscommunication via a keyboard. You pick up so many subconscious emotions when you speak to a person face to face, that get lost over t’internet.

Hell yeah, the dating-sphere is awash with SJPs.
    Mare!

Neigh lad.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Thanks Mom 😆

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

You’re welcome sweetheart x

cinnamon_girl

My poor daughter has pretty much given up on finding a decent bloke, she ended up buying a pair of kittens instead. 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 363 total)

The topic ‘Online Dating Updates’ is closed to new replies.