• This topic has 362 replies, 95 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 363 total)
  • Online Dating Updates
  • footflaps

My view is not the most common as everyone seems to think its ok to multiple date for some reason.

I think that’s the norm to be honest, you don’t know how things will work out so may as well keep each conversation going as you never know what will happen. Last time I was on FS I was chatting to 3-4 women at a time. Think I met about 10 for at least one ‘date’ over a few months. I’d meet up even if I didn’t think it would go anywhere as I treated the whole thing like interview practice, may as well hone your skills when there is less at stake, than wait for Ms perfect and fluff the whole thing up…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

only ever met two* tbh and ended up in a relationship with them both- not at the same time 😉

I suppose what this says is the answer flower is whatever you want/expect

I cannot imagine planning a trip away with someone whilst still trying out others

* i never wanted to meet any of the others I chatted to though a few asked to meet me #awkward

footflaps

I think dating agencies are different in that everyone is on there for a specific reason and the filtering process is just that, a process to be performed as efficiently and quickly as possible. Bit unromantic, but then so are dating agencies.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    myti
    Free Member

Met my other half on Pof and we’re about to buy a house together. 2 very happy singletrackers here! Don’t give up the hunt..it’s hard work but it can pay off!

flowerpower
    Free Member

Ask them about it – whether “exclusive” to start or not

Yes – I guess that this is the obvious answer, but I would fully accept guys chatting to a few girls at a time – it seems to be the way it works – it was the one month later revelation that was a bit weird.

I don’t care but you need to decide what you think is acceptable

Very true – the problem is that you aren’t always aware of how others are acting – guess that comes back to hammy above.

I cannot imagine planning a trip away with someone whilst still trying out others

This is the bit that pissed me off, I wasn’t aware at the time.

However – the update was that the girl he originally ‘choose’ turned him down when she also found out that he was still ‘shopping’. I was even offered the position as runner up – classy! 🙄

Don’t give up the hunt..it’s hard work but it can pay off!

Cheers!! 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

I hate internet ‘dating’. Mostly because I’m ginger and never have anything funny/interesting to say in an email, so I don’t get many dates

I am not ginger and still don’t get any dates. Just what do women want from us??

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Feeling inspired to throw myself out there again – will be studying the various tips . . . . Wonder if it will make the slightest difference to the usual messages I get. Will report back (if I dont go off the idea again before ive got home and sat in front of the pc)

flowerpower
    Free Member

adjustable – if you go onto POF just hang in tight and duck while the barrage of random 68 year old men send you pictures of themselves drinking champagne in bed – it does get better once all it all calms down 🙂

dashed
    Free Member

I really had no luck with PoF, think I only went on one date and that didn’t work out. Many more dates through paid sites…

As for multiple dating thing – ok up to a point but as soon as it went past a second date and we’d arrange to see each other again then that was the line for me.

Mister-P
    Free Member

A female friend has told me the in thing for men on dating websites at the moment is photos of them with tigers 😯

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Me and my Bro!

flowerpower
    Free Member

@ dashed – I’ve also tried Fitness Singles, but don’t get much from that at all.

Maybe I need help with my profile – come on guys what appeals to 40 something, chilled out, male mtbers / kayakers / snowboarders (plaese don’t get this thread locked 😉 )

cynic-al
    Free Member

Flowerpower, put your email addy in your profile, I’m sure you’ll get some emails.

Also pics and some evidence that you aren’t mental or desperate.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Hmmm… not sure that I am mental or desperate enough to put my email up on here 😳

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

*update*

I got a date 8)

On Sunday, with a girl and she’s not mental. Result. Not bad for 2 weeks effort.

Wish me luck.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Btw, I’ve tried OK Cupid, but don’t think that’s going to work out.

Where do I look next ? Match, PoF ?

Opinions please.

Scamper
    Free Member

Don’t want to put you off but sometimes it can take 6 week to discover if they are a mentalist 😳

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

😆

How do you know that right now, she’s not having the exact same conversation with her friend about me ?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Good work ToD, I hope it goes well for you and that she is not just masking the mentalness whilst luring you into a false sense of security 😀

Scamper
    Free Member

I picked met my Wife on Dating Direct, but this is going back 9 years – not sure what its like now. Certainly no where near as `interesting’ as say Plenty More Fish from what I’ve been told

flowerpower
    Free Member

I got a date

On Sunday, with a girl and she’s not mental. Result. Not bad for 2 weeks effort.

Where do I look next ? Match, PoF ?

Opinions please.

😆 Loving the optimism!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Ah..yes..no quite what I meant. 😳

Just to look FP, just to look.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I guess that this is the obvious answer, but I would fully accept guys chatting to a few girls at a time – it seems to be the way it works

it is the norm I agree but it is just not for me and i would not date someone who wanted to do this. yes we dont know what will happen but look at ToD one date that has not happened and already looking for the next 😉 . I wanted relationships not sex [ ok I wanted both but in that order 😀 ]

I guess the thing is its up to you you can have fun, look for love and everything in between. Its your dating choices so anything you decide is fine. the right person will agree/understand and the wrong ones will be lost quickly which is no bad thing

Its like the how soon should you meet folk think anything from straight away to after a while/Personally I wanted to know we would get on/be friends and the meet was just for the chemistry test

footflaps

On Sunday, with a girl and she’s not mental.

Given that’s not possible, my bet is (s)he’s really a bloke….

😉

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Stop it you lot. This is not helping 😆

*Puts down spade, tries to climb out of very deep hole*

matttromans
    Free Member

After numerous dates on PoF (all nutters), I took the plunge and signed up to Guardian Soulmates last year. I only messaged one girl who I really liked the sound of. We met a couple of days later and instantly hit it off. 2 weeks later I cancelled my membership. This was all 10 months ago now. We got engaged recently, and I couldn’t be happier. Best £30 I’ve ever spent!

footflaps

We got engaged recently, and I couldn’t be happier.

Congrats!

hammyuk
    Free Member

flowerpower – Member
    Maybe I need help with my profile – come on guys what appeals to 40 something, chilled out, male mtbers / kayakers / snowboarders (plaese don’t get this thread locked )

Honesty Flower – for me anyway. Just be who you are not what you think someone expects you to be 😉
    A woman comfortable in her own skin, relaxed around others and happy to be herself is FAR more attractive and sexier than one dressed to the nines, tottering around like a drunk bambi ( although there is a time and a place for that 😉 )
    It all depends on what you expect from it all. IME there are too many expectations from a lot of the women on PoF. “Looking for my knight in shining armour” “looking for prince charming” “sweep me off my feet”, etc, etc etc….
    Whatever happened to “lets see how it goes?”
    That doesn’t mean “jump into bed” – it means lets see how we get on, laugh, etc.
    To coin a phrase – “Too many disappointments is usually the result of too many expectations……”

missnotax
    Free Member

Maybe I need help with my profile – come on guys what appeals to 40 something, chilled out, male mtbers / kayakers / snowboarders (plaese don’t get this thread locked )

Please let me know when you find out 😆

footflaps

Just be honest..

‘Own hair (some left), teeth (most of them), has pulse (bit erratic), seeks similar. Interest in arguing the toss about nonsense on STW would be ideal.’

jock-muttley
    Free Member

I met “our lass” on PoF just over 2.5 years ago about 6 months after the very acrimonious end of my 21 year marriage. I was VERY nervous about on-line dating or just women in general (having appeared to have married a violent, psychotic b…h 😐 ) but gave it a whirl.

She was the first lass I ever messaged on PoF, I still have that “hit by an express train” even now – never had that before. They say that somewhere out there everyone has their soulmate I’m guessing destiny / fate played it’s cards well and truly with MrsMuttley & I.

Typical of PoF she is actually as mad as a fish (she’s the right sort of mad though) and up for anything. Shes a Mountain Biker too which is a HUGE bonus – there is only one issue.. she may actually be quicker than me… :mrgreen:

We have been living together for 18 months and we couldn’t be happier.. there probably will be some sort of formalisation process to this (ahem) after our respective divorces have gone through. ..shhhhhhh 😉 it has been discussed 😉 😉 😉

So on line dating does work, and work very well BUT I think like all things romance wise luck plays a HUGE part in the process.

footflaps

nice picture swap…

jock-muttley
    Free Member

I was having “issues” with it… lol

Houns

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez Houns, even your “like” post has a button-cuff 😡

Houns

Normally cuff links, but this is an informal thread

spacehopper

I hate internet ‘dating’. Mostly because I’m ginger and never have anything funny/interesting to say in an email, so I don’t get many dates

lol..

i too am one of the blessed with ‘glorious’ ginger locks..!

It did hold me back to start with i think.. combined with only being 5ft 9… a face like a smacked bum and i am also blessed with the social skills of a brick…

then I just thought.. **** it!

email people you like the look / sound of.. pick up on stuff in their profile.. and always have at least one question in any emails.. it gives the recipient something to answer and build on in a reply..

this seemed to work for me.. a couple of emails on the site.. then either MSN messenger for a bit… or a few texts and a phone chat.. then organise a date..!

don’t mess about messaging for ages.. i did this to begin with its just a waste of time and its very easy to build up false pictures of people from online communication i think..

it was a crazy crazy 6 months… so many dates and new people! i met some great people.. and am still friends with a few of them.. kinda miss the excitement in a way..

on the flipside i also met some quite frankly bizarre people and had some downright weird ‘dates’ too.. the stories i could tell! its all part of the fun though.

just be yourself and be open, and don’t get hung up on something if it goes wrong.. just move on.. lifes too short to fret.. besides.. there’s always that date next week you arranged with someone else.. 😉

and lastly never be afraid to try something new!

I Met my partner on Match.com 6 years ago in April now.. 😀

Babble over.

Junkyard
    Free Member

lastly never be afraid to try something new!

Is it a civil partnership?

spacehopper

it gets very uncivil at times… 😉

footflaps

and lastly never be afraid to try something new!

One should try everything once except sodomy and morris dancing.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 363 total)

The topic ‘Online Dating Updates’ is closed to new replies.