• This topic has 362 replies, 95 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 363 total)
  • Online Dating Updates
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

I really can’t be bothered with it anymore.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Been going 6 months now, was obvious we “clicked” right from the start. I met a couple of weirdos who had ended up on POF for a reason…. but this one is a keeper.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Well, a few stories there to keep my spirits up, thanks chaps. I’ve had 2 ‘coffees’ so far this week. Almost managed to land a very attractive, fit mountain biking lady but there were a couple of deal breakers on each side – gutted! A road cycling lady yesterday but cycling was the only thing we had in common. I’ve got one more this afternoon and another one tomorrow. I’m seriously processing them! For some reason, all my email contacts suddenly want to meet up! I’ve still got a couple to get booked in for next week.

I’m not some sort of man-tart, I’m just seeing if there’s a spark and to make subsequent text-based communication more meaningful. I used this ‘industrial processing technique’ to fantastic effect 4 years ago. I met the woman of my dreams but let her go… Idiot!

DezB
    Free Member

‘industrial processing technique’

QC at an earlier stage might help you 😉

(Just jealous that you can find that many dates really!)

badnewz
    Free Member

A female friend was on Match.com. She is ok looking, but said she was fed-up with the never-ending requests.
    I’ve heard the male to female ratio on Match is 5-1, but the sites don’t like to publish this.
    They also then tried to entice her back with a free account.
    So if you have found your partner online, well done! You’ve beaten the House.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I met a couple of weirdos who had ended up on POF for a reason….

I met a few on various sites. Worth going to bed with, purely for the experience. 🙂

*dons flame jacket*

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Would like to get my money back from Match and Fitness Singles, but PoF came up trumps for me. Quite happy 6 months down the line. 😀 thing was I was inpsired by comments on here in a wholly indefensible voyeristic impulsive manner to see the “monsters” (sic) on PoF, so just goes to show… good luck if you are still hunting.

DezB
    Free Member

in a wholly indefensible voyeristic impulsive manner to see the “monsters”

I bet you don’t miss them though eh?!

Deveron53
    Free Member

UPDATE:
    I have just arranged a mountain biking date for Sunday… We’re meeting for the first time with our bikes and setting off! Cool eh?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

yea Dez – quite happy to be out of the game.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Hey, surroundedbyhills, you’re the example we’re all trying to follow. I’m sure my date on Sunday will be riding a BSO but hey, it’s biking…

POF is good if you’re a nice guy and keen to meet up. Too many philandering keyboard warriors so the good guys stand out, it just takes a while for the ladies to filter down to you through the twits and liars!

So, In 8 days I will have had 6 dates. 4 off POF, 2 off Match (I complained about the poor Match app and they gave me 3 days free and I managed to get those 2 in the 3 days!).If Strava gave KOMs for dating…
    Still, I have to convert one of them into a girlfriend which is now the tricky part as I have to pretend to like talking about things other than bikes!
    I too wish to get off the crazy internet dating train. For GOOD!

Deveron53
    Free Member

BOOM! Had a first date yesterday – mountain biking! If you wait long enough…
    Second date to take place within 24 hours. I declare a result! Fingers crossed I don’t f*ck it up now. Wish me luck STW, I’m going in!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Luck however

POF is good if you’re a nice guy and keen to meet up. Too many philandering keyboard warriors so the good guys stand out, it just takes a while for the ladies to filter down to you through the twits and liars!

So, In 8 days I will have had 6 dates. 4 off POF, 2 off Match
    so 6 date sin 8 days over two sites and you are one of the good guys and not a philanderer 😉

maxtorque

Deveron53
    UPDATE:
    I have just arranged a mountain biking date for Sunday… We’re meeting for the first time with our bikes and setting off! Cool eh?

Did you seduce her with your enormous wheelying skills? 😉

Deveron53
    Free Member

so 6 date sin 8 days over two sites and you are one of the good guys and not a philanderer

I’ve no idea why, but all of a sudden, all my email contacts wanted to meet up and weirdly, there were no clashes. They all lined up one each day just about… strange, but I’m not complaining!

Did you seduce her with your enormous wheelying skills?

No, but I did a stupid thing. Thinking she would be slower than me, I decided to put the DH tyres on and run them at about 15 psi. She’s very fit and was riding a mid-range Giant hard tail with fast-ish tyres on. I was a bit achy in the legs when I got up this morning! Trying keep up with her on the hills and talk was a bit difficult. I was chatting away and suddenly realised I needed to breathe!

Deveron53
    Free Member

Oh well, that lasted 11 days… The same people seem to go around and around on the POF carousel. Got to try something else, too many damaged people with ‘issues’ to handle.

Any ideas? My cupboard is bare!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Dev making the assumption that you are the same age as me (and 90%of STW) it’s highly likely that any new relationship will involve some level of baggage handling, the trick is finding a small regional airport and not Heathrow. Good luck mate.

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, shall I vent on here about menopausal middle aged women and their mood swings? 😆
    My relationship died a sudden death.
    Not going to be looking again for a while, it’s all too much hard work keeping up with someone else’s feelings when they are as changeable as the weather.
    Fun while it lasted anyway!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Despite shibs fear for me still going strong since Nov ish
    They are out there if you keep looking

flowerpower
    Free Member

Have to agree with SBH (which makes a change 😉 )

We all have ‘issues’, you just have to find someone whose issues fit into your life. I am presently seeing a compulsive organiser – I have never been on so many weekends away / bike bothy trips / hill walks… Life is hectic but its pretty darn good 😀 Take a break maybe, but don’t give up!

Deveron53
    Free Member

Thanks for the support guys! I’m going to leave the dating scene for a while, I shall continue with my personal improvement projects.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, what junky said.

4.5 years here, met my gf through match (4 days from the end of my year’s paid access and I’d given up trying, basically!).

i decided i was too picky, but was unable to compromise on most of the dealbreakers i’d set. so i stuck to my guns and figured i was just destined to a life of solitude, then up popped someone who turned out to be a perfect match for me.

keep the faith, gents!

Deveron53
    Free Member

I have weakened and have POF, Match and Fitness Singles Profiles but am sticking to my guns on ‘dream woman’ criteria. Thing is, there are a lot that fit my criteria but are either in Edinburgh or Glasgow. NE Scotland is a loooong way from there.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Going strong after nearly 5 months; she’s even started riding.
    This is good because she can come riding with me, but bad because she’s claimed my bike as her own and has meant I’ve had to buy another.

She likes the downs, but not the ups which is good because I can quite happily piss-off on an XC ride at my pace cos she’s got no interest in coming along, but bad because of the need to spend a small fortune on body armour.

She’s dead fit and massive pervert, which is good for obvious reasons and bad for no reason I can think of :mrgreen:

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Good on you mate. Glad someone is making it work.

My love life on the other hand, looks a bit more like this.

kimbers

has this been mentioned?

cycle speed dating

https://billetto.co.uk/csdmenwomen

Deveron53
    Free Member

back on the chain gang (sigh), gonna try real life, can’t be any worse than online dating. Well, might try FS as a maximum.

d45yth
    Free Member

OKCupid is my favourite site – it’s just a shame there’s not many on there close to me.
    Tinder’s worth a go too – Even though it’s supposed to be a hookup app I’ve found a lot of folk are looking for more. And funnily enough, they’re usually more refined than those on POF! (This is based on Cumbria, YMMV!)

flicker
    Free Member

Rob Hilton – Member

Going strong after nearly 5 months; she’s even started riding.
    This is good because she can come riding with me, but bad because she’s claimed my bike as her own and has meant I’ve had to buy another.

She likes the downs, but not the ups which is good because I can quite happily piss-off on an XC ride at my pace cos she’s got no interest in coming along, but bad because of the need to spend a small fortune on body armour.

She’s dead fit and massive pervert, which is good for obvious reasons and bad for no reason I can think of

So your only downside is you’ve had to buy yourself another bike? and the upside is she’s a deviant?

You have got it tough, do you need a cuddle? 😀

j4mie
    Free Member

Soooooo… being a long term singleton, decided to join POF the other day after work colleagues doing a lot of persuasion. We’ll see what happens but I don’t have any expectations, apart from already being pretty convinced I’m going to die a lonely old man… I’m no good at the dating ‘game’.

j450n
    Free Member

@DezB,

I kid you not, the bovine creature that was sat across from me, described herself as a Mountain bike enthusiast with a “few Extra Pounds”, Not only struggled to get in the chair, but nearly couldn’t get out of it, Had so much metal in her face, it was like a date with a terminator, and took great pleasure in telling me she was pierced elsewhere, if I wanted to take a look. I didn’t, I went to the bog and then bolted!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Has nobody mentioned the this yet?

Fit, sane, single. Choose two.

Solo
    Free Member

trailofdestruction – Member
    Good on you mate. Glad someone is making it work.
    My love life on the other hand, looks a bit more like this.

Well seeing as you appear to live on Mars, I’m not surprized that you’re not having much success.

Any update on when NASA might be sending you some space chicks?

Anyway, good luck. The last site I tried was the Telegraph. Which seemed to have cornered the market in women who either just want to perpetually book travel holidays as part of their ongoing mission to visit everywhere 😯 Supposedly in order to give them killer bragging rights at the dinner party. There were so many comments in the style of:
    Well travelled, but plenty more places on the list, that I have yet to see “. I don’t mind a bit of travel, but the prospect of being constantly dragged off to yet another 13 hour flight to go look at old buldings, street wise monkeys, or summmat, everytime the current account has more than £500 in it. Doesn’t appeal.
    Or, they were horsey. Which is a guaranteed killer deal-breaker!

Incidentally, I discovered one persons theory on this dating malarkey. Their theory being women in their early to Mid 30s are looking for guys around their age. However, those guys in their mid 30s, who are looking to “settle” are looking at younger women, 25 to 30. Hence a miss match which seems to have mid to late 30 something women trying to find someone.
    Intersting theory, which several of my friends do actually fit.
    He, having met Mrs Friend in his early to Mid 30s, Mrs Friend being 3-6 yrs younger. They have a few yrs together (he is now late 30s) and then the sprogs arrive and they both float into their 40s, the poster picture of domestic family life.
    Go figure.

Solo
    Free Member

coolhandluke – Member
    Has nobody mentioned the this yet?

Fit, sane, single. Choose two.

I think you may be setting the bar a bit too high, if you’re hoping for sane. Especially when the definition of that word varies according to gender.
    😉

As a Man, accept that you will never fully understand a woman, no matter how long you spend with one, they will always be able to puzzle you with how they see a situation. To which your reaction, naturally, will be “wtf ??”. Know this, be ready for it and enjoy the rest of the ride.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s not as simple as fit/sane/single. You need the hot/crazy axis

[video]http://youtu.be/hKWmFWRVLlU[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

I kid you not, the bovine creature that was sat across from me, described herself as a Mountain bike enthusiast with a “few Extra Pounds”…

Fair enough, but that graphic you linked to didn’t mean anything to me.

hora
    Free Member

I feel sorry for you dating guys (and gals). I know someone who has gone online recently and shes used 6yr old pics of herself on her profile.

Of course its her and you are allowed to use your best pics and some people instagram their pics to death but come on- at least a recent pic! 😐

Solo
    Free Member

shes used 6yr old pics of herself on her profile.

It’s an occupational hazard I’m affraid ole boy. Frankly, ime, 6 yr old pics is light weight, compared to what I’ve witnessed. However, probably a good indication of what you might be letting yourself in for.

But yet, the watering hole is poisoned by players, people with no intention of forming a relationship. The number of times women have thought I may have been a player. Quite frustrating for the genuine folk.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 363 total)

The topic ‘Online Dating Updates’ is closed to new replies.