Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • One for the Oakley Experts
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting some Flakjackets with the SOLFX Grey Smoke/Light Grey Transitions 13-798 lenses to replace my Rudy Projects which I’ve managed to break. I’ve scoured the Oakley website and cannot find any data on the range of light transfer on these lenses, I want them for autumn-winter so if they don’t go light enough then they’re no good. The site only refers to medium to bright light conditions whatever that means, Rudy Projects actually quote the %age light transfer which is quite useful.Anyone had experience of these lenses or can point me to where this info is available please?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

NOt sure about that lens, but I have the Persimmon/Black Iridium transitions in my XLJ Flaks and it’s quite simply brilliant. Have used them in all from night commuting, to high alpine snowfields through wet Welsh woods and more.

I’d say that’s the ideal lens for the conditions you’re after, especially as the positive contrast of the Persimmon really helps in duller/autumnal conditions.

xcstu
    Free Member

Are these now older lens??

This is the oakley tints click on the lens colours and it gives you breakdowns

http://www.oakley.com/innovation/optical-superiority/lens-tints

edit: think I found your light grey lens in the sports performance bit…

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Light Transmission:38% to 9%
    Conditions:medium to extremely bright light
    Protection Index:2
    Neutral / Contrast:Neutral

Its there under photochromic

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Thanks Matthew, looks like this lens doesn’t go light enough then, my Rudy Projects claim 10-78% light transfer.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Persimmon/Black Iridium transitions

Might get some of those for my jawbones, are they really any good for low winter light conditions?

Houns

Just get the Clear to Black iridium. Perfect for night riding to bright sunlight

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Si, the Persimmon isn’t quite as good as the “real” persimmon, but it’s pretty dammned awesome for almost any condition I’ve tried to date.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Ta CF, will treat myself to some of those 🙂

ChrisA
    Free Member

I have a set of normal persimmon lenses in mine and found they were so good, I never put any others in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘One for the Oakley Experts’ is closed to new replies.