Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • on one scandal 29er v2… info
  • crossman553
    Free Member

I am about to buy the above frame, can any one tell me what heatset and forks will fit?
    also are they any good..

this will be my first 29er! 🙂
    any pics would be good to.

cheers

Bazz

Tapered headtube, so the Smoothie mixer that On-one sell will fit it as would other press fit headsets that are designed for tapered head tubes, i think Hope allow you to mix and match top and bottom cups to suit, i used the On-one one and i’ve no complaints so far.Others i believe have also used those ones that slacken the HA by a bit, plenty of choice.

Forks, 80-100mm standard 1 1/8″ or tapered steerer, ensure appropriate crown race is used obviously.

crossman553
    Free Member

Just the info i needed, Cheers
    I will probably buy the smoothie mixer,lookes good for the pennies

thanks for the info.

chainslapp
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

I’ll sell you mine for £25 posted. It was used for 4/5 rides – on a Scandal 29er as it happens.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Chainslapper!

Is that photo one of those optical illusion things using mirrors and stuff or is there actually 2 bikes? 😉

nuke

Anyone any idea what the difference is between Scandal 29er Swap-out and Scandal 29er Swap-out V2?

Seems identical aside V2 has 73mm BB or is that it? 😕

druidh
    Free Member

Cable routing changed for V2.
    No rack mounts either.

nuke

Cheers druidh.

Can’t see the rack mounts in the pics on the V2 though (Would the lower mounts be on the swapout?)…then again I can’t see two sets of bottle mounts either

druidh
    Free Member

nuke – the V2 has no rack mounts. The V1 has.

IIRC, the smaller (16″) frame has only one set of bottle cage mounts and on the larger frames there are two but one can interfere with the front mech mount.

nuke

😳 thanks druidh

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – and the V1 shipped with both sets of drop-outs, the V2 only the standard (vertical).

STATO
    Free Member

IIRC, the smaller (16″) frame has only one set of bottle cage mounts and on the larger frames there are two but one can interfere with the front mech mount.

I think the V2 only has 1 bottle mount irrespective of size, its a brant thing i think. V1 was designed by that other guy.

lee-bee
    Free Member

I think it is only shipped with vertical mounts as the horizontal ones do not fit. Trust me I have bought this frame and all bits to build it up SS only to find they do not fit. Rubbish customer service from on one means I wouldn’t buy another thing from them. It is meant to be a great bike though!!!!!

lee-bee
    Free Member

Mines a 18inch only one bottle mount and no rack mount.

druidh
    Free Member

A V2 then

lee-bee
    Free Member

Yeah sorry mate its a v2.

whatgoesup

I’ve got a V2 – agreed, one set of bottle mounts and no rack mounts.

The SS swapouts need some fettling to fit (nothing that 15 minutes with a file can’t fix) – I posted some pictures of mine post-fettling here linky

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘on one scandal 29er v2… info’ is closed to new replies.