Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On one rigid forks
  • RichT

I'm thinking of trying some rigid forks on my Orange Clockwork, instead of the 100mm sus forks at the moment.

The On One forks can be had for £40-50 depending on colour, but I have a couple of questions.

Are they any good? Should I just just the Orange F8 instead.

Are the orange ones a good match for the orange on my frame or will two different shades of orange clash horribly? Black is also available.

Ta

tron
    Free Member

They're rigid forks. There's nothing wrong with the on-one ones, they're just heavily reduced.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I've got a set on my orange Nail Trail (went for the Barry White / Sparkly black colour) and they're fine. Prob should have got the IS disc mount facced, but it seems ok to me.
    No issues with them at all.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I'm thinking of spending an extra £10-15 and getting some of EXoctic alu ones instead: http://carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=43&p=788&

alexpalacefan

I've got On One steel and the Exotic alu ones, V light indeed, worth the extra IMO.

APF

RichT

Thanks for info

PJay
    Free Member

Orange F8 only come in black off the website, but if you ask nicely they'll paint one up for you free of charge using one of the custom colour options they use on their frames. I've just had one done up for me to go with my Pipedream (their Kermit Green is a reasonable match for the Kawasaki green of my Sirius). Failing that you can buy an unpainted one and match the colour yourself. If your Orange frame isn't too old they might be able to match the colour exactly.The downside of getting Orange to paint an F8 up is that there might be a bit of a wait (a week or two) depending on what colour they're working with in the paintshop.

I've had On-One Superlights on an Inbred and they're great and I'm really loving the F8 on my Sirius. One thing to bear in mind is that I think that the On-One forks are (I think) 440mm axle to crown, the F8s are 450mm (slightly taller). Pipedream recommend a 450mm a-c rigid fork for the Sirius (they do their own 450mm rigid fork) and the F8 seems a good match heightwise to my 100mm Rebas.

Scootash
    Free Member

I've got a pair. The paint comes off if you look at it funny, the brake mounts desperately need facing and they are too close too the dropouts, so your brake disc hits the inside of the caliper and there are big metal burrs on the cut outs on the disk mounts. They're also pretty heavy.

Also, Barry White means they're black. Yes, it's obvious. Once they've arrived to go on your white frame.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Scootash, mine doesnt have any interface issues with disc / caliper alignment, no metal burrs either.
    I wasn't sure what colour they meant by Barry White either, so i called them first and asked, simples!

RichT

More good replies, thanks everyone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On one rigid forks’ is closed to new replies.