Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Olympics XC Aug 11/12 2012
  • yamyamblade
    Free Member

If anyone is interested ticketing details and event schudules have been released today

Fancy going for both the XC and if we can get tickets the track as well, oh and of course the beach volleyball

nickc

From the email I got today…explaining some of the sports.

A top mountain bike rider will need to combine endurance and fitness with machine control to negotiate the hilly terrain which takes them over trees, branches and rocks.

Really? Over trees? That’s some impressive bunny hop

simon_g

Ticket details: http://media.ticketmaster.com/og/en-gb/img/sys/tournament/london2012/olyticketprice.pdf

£20 or £45 for tickets to the MTB final.

BMX is £20 up to £125

Road is £20 to £60

Track finals are £20 up to £325 😯

Oh, and you can pay well into four figures for decent seats at the opening/closing ceremonies too. I guess the money for all this development has to come from somewhere…

Dougal
    Free Member

hilly terrain

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

MTBers welcome to the cheap seats. up to £725 for the men’s 100m final. that must be 80-90 quid per second to say i was there!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Just don’t f*ckin start!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Track finals are £20 up to £325

So for that money, you could get booked onto a tour to the Ghent 6-day, get travel and accomodation included, for the same money as one ticket to the track final? Or tent it and buy day tickets for £22 a pop in H section?

midlifecrashes

Was it Lord Browne who set the prices?

cp

this is going to scupper plans to see a lot of the events I wanted to…

hels
    Free Member

I have asked to go on the list to volunteer – hopefully on the course as I don’t think they need helping into their skinsuits.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

real people see so few of the tickets it’s laughable.

they mostly go to sponsors.

That’s where I’m banking on getting mine from and is where mine for the Beijing track cycling and athletics came from.

It’s a real shame if you ask me but then like simon_g say someone has to pay for it.

FuzzyWuzzy

Prices seem pretty reasonable to me – the expensive tickets are generally around the finish lines and why shouldn’t supply & demand come into it? £20 to watch the Olympic track finals is a lot better value than my local cinema. Two thirds of tickets will be under £50, and that’s because they’re subsidised by the expensive tickets for the very limited number of premium seats.

How many people are going to throw their toys out of the pram when hotels increase their room rates during the games?

surfer
    Free Member

Unless they kick you out part way through the tickets will be for all track events during that session so you should see a few events, even if some are just heats. As well as some field events.

grantway
    Free Member

Just why would I or anyone want to go there?
    For that money i could be in the Alps at least
    there real trails

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I thought it was crazy prices but as Mr MC pointed out is £50-60 the price to go and see a Premier League football match? Not saying it’s right or that I agree with the prices just thought thousands spend that money watching football every week. I feel sorry for the poor as guess what it excludes them again

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

real people see so few of the tickets it’s laughable.

they mostly go to sponsors.

erm…

BBC

Of the 8.8 million tickets available, 75% will be sold to the public from March 2011..
    London 2012 added that 15% of tickets would go to national and international athletic committees and 10% to stakeholders and sponsors.

London 2012 said 90% of tickets would be £100 or less, two-thirds less than £50 and 2.5 million tickets £20 or less.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

My only problem is the amount of free tickets for UK children it is diabolical 125,000 tickets 6 per UK school. Is this what we have paid our taxes for, I thought this was supposed to be a legacy for our children who will have to watch on TV. I really have had enough of all governments just crap from the lot of them. Then you have Boris saying he is going to buy 75,000 tickets for London school kids but wants businesses to pay for it –yeah right forgot we were in a recession. I will pay for my kids to go to as many events as possible but I am certainly not happy and will never support any attempt by any UK government to have a sporting event again. All you guys who were against the Olympics originally I am sorry I did not back you.

grantway
    Free Member

i Thought there is a recession on and considering there not using
    local people to build it. Why should i invest in it?

The prices are a joke the same Joke when they opened the Dome

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Olympics XC Aug 11/12 2012’ is closed to new replies.