Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Oldest Tour Shirt
  • Macinblack
    Free Member

My daughter has just gone out wearing my 1980 Motorhead “Ace Up Your Sleeve” tour shirt. It will never fit me again (hasn’t for the past 25 years,) and it’s a bit threadbare but generally intact.

Anyone else got a piece of faded cloth they can’t get rid of?

finbar
    Free Member

My dad gave me a Jimi Hendrix t shirt he got from the Isle of Wight festival.

RepackRider
    Free Member

When I was a roadie in the seventies the band I worked for toured with the Average White Band during the summer of ’75. My daughter stole the t-shirt. Picked up a Fillmore East shirt working at a gig there in 1969 (w/ The Nice and The Byrds). I have one from a Journey show around 1974.

CountZero

Probably the Radio Stars, Eddie and The Hot Rods and Buzzcocks ones from around ’76/77. I’ve got a Stones one from their ’82 Bristol gig as well, and I’ve seen American versions of the same shirt going for something like $250 on Wolfgangs Vault. Had a Clash and a Jam shirt from the same period but gave them to a mate’s daughter, which I rather regret. Trouble is, early tour tee’s used iron-on graphics which used to crack and fade really quickly, I had a Zeppelin Physical Grafitti tour shirt, but the graphic started to peel off after a couple of months, sadly. It was only when silkscreen graphics came in with the punk bands that shirts were worth having. Prior to that I bought programmes, like the Dark Side Of The Moon tour comic Floyd did.
    Wonder what that might be worth… ;0)

darrell
    Free Member

Iron Maiden Killers tour
    and strong arm of the law tour by Saxon

sad i know

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I don’t suppose I’ll ever get rid of my collection of ‘Monsters Of Rock’ t-shirts!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am gutted I never kept all my old tour tees, but at the time I cut lots of them down to fit my tiny size when I was a nipper and I would look like Jack Black wearing them now (think undersized tee and belly showing).

My first was Iron Maiden ‘Beast on the Road’ tour – gutted I never saw them with Dianno on vocals.

momo

My most cherished tee, is from my first proper gig, Oasis at knebworth in ’96

TimP
    Free Member

1994 rugby tour to Prague.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Had it not been thrown out a few years ago along with various other cherished tees mine would have been an ’86 Spear of Destiny tour tee. The only one that made out of the carnage and still exists is a Red Sky Coven 1898 vest.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my first one was the michael schenker group assault attack 1982.
    it’s long gone now though, sadly.

earliest one i still have is probably the anthrax among the living tour phase 2 from 1987, with judge death on the front… and i have a nuclear assault tour shirt from 1988 that has this weird radioactive skull thing on it, with an extra eye drawn on in marker pen by james hetfield.

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Its not a tour t-shirt but I have a 1990 Isle of Man TT t-shirt signed by the late great Joey Dunlop which is a bit threadbare and now hangs on my study wall. It hasnt been worn since the day of his funeral.

darrell
    Free Member

i saw Micheal Schenker on the armed and ready tour…..bloody magic

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Oldest Tour Shirt’ is closed to new replies.