• This topic has 80 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by GDRS.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Old kit you still love.
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

Anyone else have a piece of old kit they use regularly still? (Not including complete bikes).
    Mine is an ageing set of VP133 SPD's. Used year after year through all types of weather and still going strong. Nice large platform, easy to get in and out of, and they don't get clogged with mud like my Shimano 424's. Love 'em.

jedi

my complete 2003 hummer.

dale
    Free Member

my legs are quite old and I wouldn't be without them

nickc

I've a Ron hill pertex windproof that I've had for 20 years, last used a few weeks ago in all the snow in Wales. Just wont die. (not that I want it to)

pondering_panda
    Free Member

Shimano LX Octalink Cranks.

audiophile
    Free Member

Lusso shorts. These date from the first coming of baggies, so are getting on a bit. Apart from a few fag burns ( yeah, I know ) they still look good and are the most comfortable I own. I hope to be buried in them.

fontmoss
    Free Member

gore gilet, invaluable kit still going strong

Hadge
    Free Member

My Spesh BG shoes – they are so so comfy but getting a bit tired. Think I might have to get some more – Sidi's up for sale then lol.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

4 yr old Endura Singletrack shorts and liner. Well worn, the odd bit of stitching frayed and a wafer thin liner pad. They've lasted really well to say that they were used ride in ride out for 2 years before I bought another pair of shorts and now they are used as winter/backup shorts.

Obviously Endura were doing something right manufacturing wise back then as recent posts have indicated otherwise with their clothing. Never faulted their kit myself.

tang
    Free Member

s works winter jacket, circa 91 still gets worn on the colder days.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

15 year old Endura Thermastat biblongs. Epic.

slimtubing
    Free Member

SDG Ventura Saddle in sparkly silver metalflake, pimpy to the max and still going strong since its purchace in 1998
    Karrimor Vail windproof, indestructable: owned since 1997
    My 13 year old Diadora jalapenos died last week in a particulallry wet commute, they will be stripped of laces and cleats and buried in the garden to confuse whoever buys my house in the future.

PJM1974
    Free Member

My seven year old Spesh Rockhopper shoes are comfortable, warm in winter and can be worn all day. They're very nearly beyond repair but they've paid for themselves many times.

avdave2

Lusso thermal bib tights which are around 20 years old.

hicksville
    Free Member

buffalo jacket 19 years old
    kona winter jacket fleece with pertex front panels chest and arms 16 yrs
    easton cully flat pedals

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Most of my riding clothes!

robob
    Free Member

a freestyle softshell that was perfect for 97.6% of my riding until i ripped it on barbed wire, now it is a servicable gilet…

still not found the perfect replacement though. 🙁

tron
    Free Member

Octalink cranks & BB.

oldgit
    Free Member

This old saddle from about 1990, just a chance purchase but it's great. Vetta Ti I think.

Edit; It's largely gaffer tape now

juiced
    Free Member

sram gripshifters.

Dougal
    Free Member

Classic Flite I bought in 1999, Camelbak CloudWalker in 2001.

Not much else I have lasts more than a few years; race kit gets used for a limited time then sold, other kit just gets destroyed.

clunker

Ringle H20 cage

Christowkid
    Free Member

I've worn my Bolle micro-Edge shades on every ride bar a couple since 1989.
    Buffalo Big Face shirt on the majority of non-summer rides, since 1992
    Got a cool tool in the camelbak……
    don't mean to be retro, it somehow happens……
    Q

bassspine
    Free Member

steel framed Marin Larkspur. Great frame, noting else on it original though, apart from the stem. It's my sensible cycling trainer's bike, I do a lot of miles on it.

sofatester
    Free Member

sram gripshifters

+1

Ive got a set of the long barrel ones that just wont die!

oldgit
    Free Member

Christowkid I've got a Cool-Tool, but a spare bike is lighter to carry.

jimmy

Nike micro fleece gilet from 1998. Still going – its like having an old dog, though; You love it to bits but know its time is due soon.

Christowkid
    Free Member

oldgit:
    hah! Fair point. I did dig it out the other day, cos it seems to live at the bottom of the bag in the dark…. and remember thinking I wasn't sure how useful it'll be now. I got it when i used a 1" headset, so had the spanners for the jaws, after having a headset come loose on my first mtb. Mind you, that's not a lot of use now with aheadsets!!!
    Maybe I'll look at a 'modern' multi tool….. maybe!
    Q

clubber
    Free Member

My kona and the syncros seatpost. Both 1995 and still in use. Seemed expensive at the time but have proven to be well worth it.

oh and various Oakley m frames. Started with them in 96 and have changed the frames over the years but the lenses have lasted brilliantly.

timber

hope C2's

juiced
    Free Member

retrotastic kona.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Spey Stout – you referring to 'those' Specialized shorts? 😆

Ground Effect clothing has served me well, in particular a gilet that I've had for years. I tend to trash most hardware 😥

al_f
    Free Member

Pace Winteractive, god it's great on really cold days and it looks like it's immortal, barring some sort of nasty accident.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I can't think of any old kit that I have, I seem to wear everything out, maybe I ride too much (or some of you don't ride enough) 😉

PTR
    Free Member

DX thumbshifters,

chiefgrooveguru

1994 Buffalo S6 Shirt – do these things ever die?!

Kato

Still ride a '98 Kona Kula

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I still use a 28 yr old red anodised dust cap on my bmx from my first bmx (82 pro star mx1). Also some 15 ish year old black flies yellow lensed glasses.

takisawa2

Got a Berghaus fleece from 94' thats still used. My brother still has my 92' GT Timberline as a commuter that he's promised to let me have back when he's done with it. Has DX thumbies still working perfectly. Looking forward to restoring it, heck knows why.

_tom_
    Free Member

DMR Trailstar frame, think mines from about 2002 or something. Got another one in the shed with a crack at the HT, I reckon with a bit of welding it'd be good to ride again. Tempted to get it fixed up, buy some 24" wheels and make it a cheap jump bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Old kit you still love.’ is closed to new replies.