Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • ok, inspire me back into riding
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

been off the bike for months (an my belly's not thanking me for it no sir-ee)

inspire me back into cycling, i feel the pull of it at the moment but still need convincing. I used to love it but in the past year or so i've lost my way a bit

so pics, vids or just tell me to man-up

fatboyjon

Forget it.

You're too fat.

jedi

just go out and pedal somewhere easy/picturesque

it'll bite ya again and you'll have the bug again

bassspine
    Free Member

cold crisp air, no dust so the view across the valley is forever, the sun's shining through the trees for a few minutes. It all smells of forest. It's downhill for a few minutes after a lungbursting climb. There's a beer waiting at the pub/huge cream tea at the caff afterwards.

What's not to like?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Riding in the wind and mud and rain with your friends. Once you're wet, it really doesn't matter any more and you all start looing around, splaing in every puddle like children, laughing all the way.

Back home in time for tea and medals.

This is why.

fingerbike
    Free Member
    Blower
    Free Member

hmmm,just get out and ride,you will soon be inspired again if you've had time off i reackon..

doug_basqueMTB.com

Mix it up a bit, try something new, a different 'type' of riding or look for some new trails. Practice some skills instead of knocking out big loops, even if it's just hopping about outside.

Check out rocketdog's "This Is Why I Ride" group for some inspirational pics?

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

The best ever 'avoiding the in-laws at Xmas' ploy! 8)

nicko74

That first time you're hoofing it down some singletrack, with bracken/trees/grass slapping at your legs will bring it back… and the first time you fluke it round a tricky corner, back wheel skidding round to bring you in line will just seal the deal 🙂

jackthedog
    Free Member

Cheers Jo:

This is why – Oh yeah…

+1

Onzadog
    Free Member

Grab a mate and just have a gentle pootle down a quite canal path or suck and just chew the fat. I'm always amazed at what a quality of life feel that has about it compared to the blatting down hill like a loon stuff that I normally do.

Pook

this is one of my fave vids

poppa
    Free Member

I'll strip for you if you go for a ride.

cookeaa

Inspire yourself you lazy git!

If you “feel the pull” and it’s till not enough then I guess you’re destined to be a gut bucket…

@ Onzadog

you and a mate Sucking and Chewing Fat down a Quiet canal path?
    Was your post some sort of thinly veiled euphemism?

stumpy01

I've been feeling a little un-inspired lately to get out on the road in the evenings and get some miles in my legs. Then I had a cold which didn't help, as it was another excuse.

On Monday I decided I was going to go out, regardless and do some miles. Got home and had dinner, weather was cold & windy. Hmmmm. Started getting ready for ride – took ages, then couldn't find this, had to adjust that, where's my rear light – back and forth from the shed to the house. Almost gave up,but perservered. Got bike out of shed ready to go and it started raining….Ggggrrrrr…..back inside, grab waterproof and ride off.

5 mins later – what the hell was stopping me? I am warm, I feel the wind in my hair (well vented helmet, of course), I am well illuminated, protected form the elements and it feels GREAT. Legs are spinning, wheels are turning, worries are slipping away…….it was damp, cold, REALLY windy but I came back feeling fantastic.

Sorry, but MBR do have a point – just get out and ride. Don't matter where, just go and you'll be grinning within minutes.

spacemonkey

(an my belly's not thanking me for it no sir-ee)

Can you see your feet? If not, it's time to get out on the trails.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘ok, inspire me back into riding’ is closed to new replies.