Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • OK – Hit me!! (29er frame suggestions)
  • druidh
    Free Member

Let’s have them….

Suitable for bikepacking rather than racing
    Slidey/paragon dropouts or EBB (so I could run an Alfine without a horrid tensioner)
    80-100mm forks
    Available for a 5’7″ rider

Oh – and might as well have it in Titanium too.

Only suggest Lynskey if you want me to take you round the back of the bike-shed and give you a good slap.

ourmaninthenorth

So, not an On-one then? 😉

Toasty
    IvanDobski
    Free Member

Burls?

rewski
    Free Member

Just saw this on ebay:

On One Inbred Ti 29er

EDIT = sorry just saw the lynskey comment. I’d go for a Steel Cielo myself anyway.

gee
    Free Member

The El Mar ti apparently has alternator swinging dropouts in 2012 to combine the El Mar and Selma lineups in one frame. They are Lynskey, though. You might be better off with a steel El Mariachi?

tang
    Free Member

Niner sir

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Genesis Fortitude Adventure

hugor
    Free Member

I have always wanted one of these.

I’m not sure if its made by Lynskey though but Salsa have an excellent reputation for customer service.
    I have had 2 El Mariachi’s myself.
    Personally I’d put an 80mm fork on it.

takisawa2

Surly Karate Monkey.

druidh
    Free Member

hugor – if I didn’t already have my Amazon, the Fargo would be very near the top of my list. I am looking for something flat-barred and suspended though.

gee – I can’t find any reference to an Alternator drop-out El Mariachi. Do you have a link? I guess that with a good enough warranty in place I might have to take a chance on a Lynskey.

And why all the non-Ti suggestions peeps? I thought that requirment was pretty clearly stated in the OP.

peanut
    Free Member

Thought Singular Sam had a couple of Pegasus (Swift ti) frames kicking about and going ‘cheap’?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Missed the suspension requirement. Why not get a custom Burls or Enigma then you will get exactly what you want not a compromise.

gee
    Free Member

The steel el mariachi has alternator dropouts already. I’ve heard the 2013 titanium one might do as well, as they essentially make this frame already in the Selma, it’s just that one has no cable stops for derailleurs. If you want to know what it will probably look like find se images of the Selma titanium and imagine it with a mech hanger and cable stops.

All Salsa ti is Lynskey made and has a lifetime warranty. I have two Salsa ti frames, one, a Ti Ala Carte, has had 2 1/2 years of racing and has taken an absolute thrashing. It hasn’t broken yet… The ti Fargo above is not really an Mtb – it’s more a slightly more off road capable version of the Vaya. Also, the Fargo doesn’t have swinging dropouts.

GB

Sam

peanut – Member
    Thought Singular Sam had a couple of Pegasus (Swift ti) frames kicking about and going ‘cheap’?

L only I’m afraid…

ton

retrotech
    inglis
    vicious
    shand

stevewhyte
    Free Member
    stevemtb
    Free Member

Lynskey. Which bike shed and when 😉

Niner would be my suggestion too.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘OK – Hit me!! (29er frame suggestions)’ is closed to new replies.