Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • OH fek……………………………………………………
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Good luck!

My dad had this op done but they used the bone fragment to fuse (about 2 years ago). They then accepted him saying no to anti-coags (he asked if they were necessary, they said "not really") which they suspect caused a later heart attack, so take whatever they offer! However it has reduced his pain and problems, so probably worth it.

Karinofnine

Bummer! Good luck with the operation and recovery. See you on the trails in the Spring.

Kit
    Free Member

someone asked how this started… No idea, yes I have had 2 bad crashes, did they cause this? I will never know..

Were you wearing a helmet!? If so, that's probably what done it. Helmets are BAD I tell thee!

😉 just kidding.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

thank you all, while I am waitig for the op they have said they are going to try some injections under a CT scan…. not sure that they would help but ho hum!!

jond
    Free Member

Good luck, I'm sure it'll go well.

FWIW I've had a bit of trouble with my neck for years (tension headaches, numb(er) fingers from time to time) – but mechanically nothing like as bad, judging from some MRI scans of a few years ago. But just to limit any possible problems I've gone over to riding a recumbent on-road (a normal road bike's a no-no). Guess what…it gives you lots more bike-buying opportunities 🙂

MrAgreeable

Wow. Hope everything goes well for you and you're back on the bike soon. Is it any consolation to point out that the trails round here are pretty grotty at the moment (if they haven't been closed or demolished), and you probably won't be missing much good riding? 🙂

lowey

All the best mate.

I had a double Discectomy on my lower spine when I was 21. The relief from pain, pins and needles and constant Sciatica was probably one of the best feelings I have ever had.

Hope everything works out for you.

hillsplease

All the best. I had part of a herniated disc out in a hurry. The surgeon did leave me with the other choice – incontinence and impotence.

Best of luck and take the recovery easy – for the sake of your mates. They'll be more concerned than you are. Possibly.

tommid
    Free Member

Shiz. Sorry to hear that matey. Lets hope all goes well and you are not off of the bike to long.

Best of luck and lets us know.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Blimey!! Wish you all the best with your op and recovery.

mrchrispy

good luck.

you have to admit that having your head disconnected, rebuilding the neck with some bling Ti parts (see if hope can do some custom plates) and then sticking you head back is pretty **** cool!!!

MTFU though and see if they'l do it just using acupuncture?

GhostRider
    Free Member

Jees, makes my busted leg sound like a sore toe. I've been told 6months off bike for me and i'll have two lovely big screws left in my leg, must find out what they're made of. I'm now 4weeks on my arse and can see the weight creeping on.

hope all goes well for you.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘OH fek……………………………………………………’ is closed to new replies.