• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Oh Dear, Just washed Ipod Nano
  • bruk

Suddenly remembered 1/2 way through wash had left the little blighter in the cargo pocket of my trousers.

Looks dry and buried it in a bag of rice.

Anyone done this and revived it?

Xylene
    Free Member

Get some epsom salts and either microwave them or heat them on a hot skillet.

Chuck them in a plastic box one they had lumped together and throw in your nano with a bit of paper towel to stop the epsoms sticking,

This will dry it out a lot better than any rice.

bruk

Ok currently digging around in various boxes for those silca gels to add.

Some sites say 30% chance of it working agin. Ah well may be the excuse to ditch the crackberry and buy an Iphone

p7rich
    Free Member

Left my Nano on top of South Downs for a week in wet stormy winter. Didn’t turn it on, just put it in airing cupboard for two weeks. Still works today.

Cougar

Patience is key.

RealMan
    Free Member

I happen to be selling a brand new one fairly cheap on the classifieds if it doesn’t work out..

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Let the bugger dry like everyone else has stated.

globalti
    Free Member

They are very well sealed so it might be OK. If not, open it up by levering along the seam between the back and front with a flat blade. If the blade is harder than the iPod this will damage it, you get a plastic tool with the battery replacement kits. Having replaced my Nano battery I can tell you this is not an easy job!

Ben_mw

I left my ipod in a snowdrift for 3 days – it was fine after a day on a radiator before switching on!

legend
    Free Member

Patience is key.

+1 a little heat over a long time goes a long way.

My brother (who can be a bit simple sometimes) managed to leave his original Nano under New England snow for about 3 months. After the thaw it kepted working for about the next 4 years!

footflaps

My SO washed her 1st gen Shuffle but it never worked again even after weeks of drying. Real shame as it was a classic design.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I washed mine and dried it in a bowl of rice on the radiator for a week. Sound worked but not the screen. I took it apart and found the conector on the ribon cable to the screen was corroded. Unfortunately I managed to snap one of the cables during dissasemble and it was never to work again. If you get to the stage of taking it apart, be careful as they glue the cables in place, but it wasn’t mentioned on the guide I read.

stumpyjon

At worst ring Apple. My missus did this with a 4th gen Ipod. SHe was gutted. Apple replaced it (at much less than an equivilent one from the high street) with the same model which she wanted even though they were obsolete. all she had to do was send the old one back to them to verify it was knackered.

We were very surprised but it was excellent customer service.

bruk

Rice and time haven’t worked. It is borked

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oh Dear, Just washed Ipod Nano’ is closed to new replies.