Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Oakley Thump Pro…any good?
  • GoatKarma
    Free Member

Been looking at a pair of these as they are pretty cheap now at around £120. They seem pretty good for running and some riding too, plus they now have changeable lenses which is great for the sunless biking up ‘ere in Scotchland.

Does anyone know if you can detach the earphones from them so you can use them as normal sunglasses? Or do the earphones fold up enough as to not get in your way when you wear them normally? How bulky are they in reality? It’s hard to get handle on their size in photos. Are they a lot heavier than normal sunnies?

If I did get a pair, anyone know a good place to buy a pair of clear lenses for them?

Edit-ah, they may not be too good afterall: http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/oakley-thump-pro-1gb/4852-6490_7-32136308.html . Don’t seem to be sweat or water resistant.

Houns

I have a pair of Thumps and a pair of Split Thumps. iirc you can’t remove the earphone bits on the Pro’s but they will stay out of the way (like my Thumps do)

The sound quality is superb, far better than an iPod! As far as sweat waterproofness goes? Well they aren’t waterproof but have worn mine in the rain and had no problems

For spare lenses speak to either Rubens Menswear or TenEighty

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Thump Pro…any good?’ is closed to new replies.