Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Nutribullet
  • Kryton57

Well, one appeared after my wife took a sole executive decision. So here I am with some purple bordering on brown sludge for lunch which actually tastes better than it looks thankfully.

Seems like a slightly more convenient blender, how long shall I give it before its consigned to the back of a cupboard?

And before it does, anyone got any decent recipies?

johndoh
    Free Member

Add apple juice to whatever you make – makes them all more bearable.

And we stopped putting kale, spinach, dandelions or whatever else they kept telling us to put in and just make fruit smoothies now.

Drac

A couple of months then put it with Toastie maker, George Forman grill and the other smoothie maker for that’s what it is.

legend
    Free Member

johndoh – Member

Not sure what you were putting in but my other half uses ours a lot and every one I’ve tried has actually been pretty nice.

(For the record, 12 months use and counting)

doubleu
    Free Member

We’ve got one. Find it quite useful actually. Other half uses it daily. There’s a gazillion recipies out there, decide what you want achieve (if anything) and go from there.

Tip – you dont really taste spinach in shakes so use that instead of kale. I cant stand kale in them.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I take a smoothie to work when I ride in (no breakfast beforehand) half a banana, a few pecan halves, 15g of porridge oats, a dash of honey, perhaps half an avocado, a bit of anything green is ok-lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, but don’t overdo it. Basically anything you can find in the fridge/cupboard that seems right. Green based ones are just plain disgusting. apparently celery is a big no but I’ve never tried it. It is surprisingly filling and sets you up until lunchtime.

honeybadgerx

Quite like ours, will munch up just about anything (note: this is not a challenge). If you decide to put anything green in it, only put other green things in, otherwise it just turns into brown sludge.

footflaps

A couple of months then put it with Toastie maker, George Forman grill and the other smoothie maker for that’s what it is.

Have you been looking in our cupboards?

Drac

Yes, nice vintage Soda Stream.

allan23
    Free Member

There’s a rabbit corpse in another thread – partly dog digested.

Certainly tastier than kale 🙁

monde
    Free Member

banana, egg, spoon of greek yoghurt, two tablespoons of oats and scoop of protein powder. Breakfast banana pancake mix (makes 6) served with blueberries and some yoghurt.

Use ours all the time for recovery shakes as well – milk, spinach and some oats. Its turned out to be the only kitchen gadget we actually use.

thv3
    Free Member

Not sure if I have either dysfunctional taste buds, or they just don’t work but actually don’t mind the kale and other weird green based smoothies.

Don’t bother with apple juice, just add the whole apple, will blitz it into apple pulp and most bought apple juice is high in sugar and not great quality to begin with.

It is just a high powered blender, but still quite like ours after more than a year. Would probably buy a cheaper alternative if I needed to replace it now though,as I’ve seen a few convincing looking copies.

Kryton57

scoop of protein powder.

Good idea, I’m going to make something up with a banana and stick it in the fridge for after tonights evening smash.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do much the same here with a blender. Milled oats are good. Almond milk. Bananas and any seeds nuts or berries I can find to chuck in. Cacao powder is nice if it’s otherwise a bit bland.

Like the pancake idea above, might try that.

shermer75
    Free Member

You won’t be getting the full nutritional benefit until you also own a bread maker

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t bother with apple juice, just add the whole apple, will blitz it into apple pulp and most bought apple juice is high in sugar and not great quality to begin with.

I like it for the added sweetness it brings. I am not obsessed with 100% healthy eating so my view is that I’d rather eat fresh fruit mashed up with a bit of unhealthy juice than not eat the fruit at all.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Forgot the Almond milk-gives a nice nutty taste & a bit of texture. coconut water not so good IMO.

Solo
    Free Member

Amateurs! 🙂

Make Chipotle, lime, mayonnaise and add to, almost anything.
    8)

avdave2

1 cup of oats
    1 3/4 cups of oat milk
    Fresh ginger
    2 tea spoons sunflower seeds
    1 tea spoon pumpkin seeds
    1 tea spoon sesame seeds
    1 tea spoon chia seeds
    2 tea spoons hemp seeds
    Handful of raisins
    Handful of kale
    Heaped tea spoon of coffee
    Heaped tea spoon of cocoa powder

A variation on cold porridge if you like

Serve cold at desk after running or cycling to work.
    Gets a bit more cold water added once at work to thin it out a bit.

benp1

I have nearly every working day, basically apart from when we don’t have time or forget

I also cycle in nearly every working day, and have it for breakfast when I get in

We make 2 every night – 1 each

1 banana, apple, orange, pear, peach, plum
    2 massive handfuls of spinach
    2 tsp milled seeds (sesame, sunflower, linseed, flax etc)
    2 tsp cocoa powder

Hers is made with water
    Mine is made with milk, plus mine has ginger in too

Other things go in too, tomato, carrot, grapes, cranberries etc. But the above is the standard recipe

I really enjoy it, had it well over a year now

joolsburger
    Free Member

I like this one

Handful of Spinach
    fair bit of Coriander
    Apple Juice or an apple
    Ginger about half a thumb sized bit
    Avacado 1/2
    1/4 Cucumber and a few ice cubes.

Good for the bowels apparently

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Poor old teeth, made redundant in one foul swoop.

senorj

My missus turned up with one from January sales.
    “How is this different from the juicer we already have?” I ask.
    “This one is better and chops more stuff.” So there you are.
    I’ll recycle it in a couple of years ,like the bloody foot spa,slow cooker,bread maker,corby trouser press (joke)etc etc.

Cougar

1 cup of oats

Cups?

Are there… foreigners in here?

avdave2

I realise that cups are the most stupid measure possible but it just so happens that the thing I found lying around that gives the perfect amount of oats just happens to be a one cup measure.

Kryton57

Warning: banana with soy protien isolate sets in the fridge during your ride and is gaggingly hard to get down when all you want is a refreshing drink.

Drac

Luckily beer doesn’t.

Kryton57

Lol – I was gagging for a beer last night after a tough but warm 66k but alas the fridge was empty…

Not sure if it’s the greater quantity of fruit vs less bread in the form of toast and sandwiches or just coincidence but I’ve lost 1lb and a bit weight this week as well.

Rockape63
    Free Member

1 cup of oats
    1 3/4 cups of oat milk
    Fresh ginger
    2 tea spoons sunflower seeds
    1 tea spoon pumpkin seeds
    1 tea spoon sesame seeds
    1 tea spoon chia seeds
    2 tea spoons hemp seeds
    Handful of raisins
    Handful of kale
    Heaped tea spoon of coffee
    Heaped tea spoon of cocoa powder

A variation on cold porridge if you like

Serve cold at desk after running or cycling to work.
    Gets a bit more cold water added once at work to thin it out a bit.

Blimey….avdave knows how to live! 😯

WTF is oat milk btw??

Drac

Pretend milk for human hedgehogs.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Sipping a hot oat milk and chi drink as I reply 😉 – since we are a gluten free and largely dairy free household, you can make some fantastic things with a nutribullet, my favourite is a cheesecake filling, made from cashew nuts and lemon juice, my wife described it as a ‘game changer’ when she first made it 😀 .

bails

for after tonights evening smash.

Why not mix it in to thicken it up a bit?

monkeyninja
    Free Member

I use it to blend soups and it gives them an incredible texture light and airy. Finished with a bit of double cream…. Delicious. Also use it to make guacamole, blend spices as well as making juices it really is a versatile bit of kit.

Kryton57

use it to make guacamole

Yep, we’ve decided to make our own guacomole & salsa on the next El Paso night.

avdave2

WTF is oat milk btw??

Just more oats whizzed up with water really, I could just add more oats and use water really.
    Oh and I forgot to mention flax seed as well.
    Since I started making it I rarely have real porridge anymore this is just so much better. Only problem I find now is that I’m used to not eating in the morning till I get to work and after that I’m not hungry for hours and hours. I have to force myself to eat lunch otherwise my weight keeps dropping and there isn’t much of me already. Might not be an issue for all forum users I think I can safely say. 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

WTF is oat milk btw??

Just more oats whizzed up with water really,

ah okay….nice! 😕

As for the you can make some fantastic things with a nutribullet, my favourite is a cheesecake filling, made from cashew nuts and lemon juice, my wife described it as a ‘game changer’ when she first made it .

Its like a different planet in here sometimes! 😮

Kryton57

Whats the score for Soup? Sunday roast leftovers, add gravy & whizz?

Drac

Whats the score for Soup? Sunday roast leftovers, add gravy & whizz?

That’s not spoup. That’s a Sunday roast smoothie.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Probably heresy to some on here – I’ve used mine as a coffee grinder when I’ve mistakenly ordered whole beans instead of ground from Hasbeen.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Nutribullet’ is closed to new replies.