Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • not riding and why not
  • scraprider
    Free Member

this weekend , wife said we off to a fu**n christning on sunday .

dmiller
    Free Member

I'm finding it hard to get out on the bike as my work has sucked every last bit of motivation from my soul and leaves me ready to scream at the world too **** off and die and all i want to do is hide at the weekend. So, em, enjoy the christening. 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

T-minus 21 days till my knee op.Been managing with copious amounts of drugs and mtfu but it finally went bang last week.No grassington,no kirroughtree,no htn.Maybe back for selkirk but I'll be so fat and unfit it'll be embarrasing (I am slowly realising why so many people are idle,pie munching slobs…..it's ACE!!)

molgrips
    Free Member

Hoepfully I will be, but the wain is poorly and the Mrs is at the end of her tether, so I dunno.. 🙁

jacko54321
    Free Member

arms broken

panzerjager
    Free Member

Had an elbow op last friday, all this time off +sunshine & I can't ride, it's driving me mental!!

Still, I am managing to put together a ti hardtail I bought off here a few weeks ago so that softens the blow slightly… anyone tried building a bike one-handed? It's slow going!! 😕

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Been off work the last two days ill with flu, and still in bed 🙁

iain1775
    Free Member

ditto dmiller
    plus I have completely lost my biking mojo and any type of energy I once seem to remember having

Drac

Working.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm stuck in Argentina fekkin miles from anything that resembles a hill – oh yeah got no bike either

im working this weekend, and every weekend till Aug and have been since June.

Rubbish

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Last weekend before moving house to our new house, our first 'own' house in fact. Also, am one front mech down on my new build…should be here tomorrow but there'll be no one to receive it. doh!

clunker

working flat out 😥 looking forward to the commision 8)

Dancake
    Free Member

Friday: Mate's Wedding
    Saturday: Hungover wife will be unable to rise until 4.00PM. I will be up from 7.00 with my little Angel. Then its tea…bath…yada yada yada
    Sunday: Working 06.30- 18.30

Next weekend it will be something else and the weekend after will be the same.
    (I do all my riding in the week 🙂 )

5lab

broke my hand on day 1 of this trip, tried riding the megavalanche course yesterday (qualification is today) anyway, and dislocated a bone in my hand 16 times. the last time it didn't pop back in and I had to reset it myself manually at the bottom of the hill. So not riding any more 🙁

mlke
    Free Member

I've been asked not to ride as my wife is paranoid that Moat after four days is going to break cover and shoot me. She must have secret intelligence that he's been biding his time to take out slow old men on short travel race bikes.
    "…it were an insult to carbon fibre, so I slotted him…" reported Moat in a 200 page letter to the media.
    I may chance the wife wrath and sneak out to Alwinton on Sunday

mattbee

Because I have to work Saturday and then am off to Portland for some sport climbing on Sunday.

xiphon
    Free Member

Getting married in about a month….. which means no riding, for fear of ending up in a cast on the day!

chakaping
    Free Member

I've been asked not to ride as my wife is paranoid that Moat after four days is going to break cover and shoot me. She must have secret intelligence that he's been biding his time to take out slow old men on short travel race bikes.
    "…it were an insult to carbon fibre, so I slotted him…" reported Moat in a 200 page letter to the media.
    I may chance the wife wrath and sneak out to Alwinton on Sunday

Not sure if I should have laughed at this, but thnaks for giving me my first smile today.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh, and I probably am riding when I thought I wasn't – so it evens out a bit.

GW
    Free Member

scraprider – Member
    this weekend , wife said we off to a fu**n christning on sunday

MTFU ! seriously.

ratherbeintobago

Over the bars on Sat; in quite a lot of pain from shoulder/ribs still. Also rear brake disc warped ?how and haven't had a chance to straighten it, and on nights this weekend :-/

MTFU ! seriously.

GW – I assume you're not married, then? 😛

Andy

nicko74

Moving flat and continent 🙁 but 🙂

JimBowen
    Free Member

Depends If I finish building my new bike up. Hoped to get it done last night but missus and kids got in the way 😉

Hope to get it done after work today and then may get out this weekend if her indoors doesn't have any plans for me 😯

GW
    Free Member

GW – I assume you're not married, then?

No. if agreed with marriage, I'd be a multiple divorcee 😉

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Dislocated knee : (

Dancake
    Free Member

WOOHOO! Got out for a cheeky 90 mins before the suit went on…

Hohum
    Free Member

Unfortunately my depression has come back and I just can't be arsed to go out on my bike.

I try to motivate and push myself to do it by thinking positive thoughts, but the positive thoughts do not release any positive chemicals in my brain and the motivation to go out just slowly drains away and I go up on my bed and sleep 🙁

supinerider
    Free Member

Collar bone. On the turbo trainer instead.

All you lazy ba$tards with no injuries/decent excuses should get out and ride. 😡

Perfect sunny day here – very jealous. The best I can manage is turbo training on the balcony 😐

cookeaa

Nippers Birthday party on Sunday, I’ve been working away half the week so the Missus gets Saturday to Do what she wants (Probably panic over the organisation of a 1 year olds Party) While I’m on Daddy Duty…
    So no riding for me really, I may get out for a night ride Sunday evening, but probably be too knackered…
    Ho Hum…

MarkDatz
    Free Member

Havnt riden 4 ages coz of homwurk got in truble at scool so culdnt even use intanet but now I can just nede 2 finnish homwurk but bike has punchar so nede 2 fix it 2 morrow then mayb ridding on sun or mayb wotching football if my mate is kene

iain1775
    Free Member

Havnt riden 4 ages coz of homwurk got in truble at scool so culdnt even use intanet but now I can just nede 2 finnish homwurk but bike has punchar so nede 2 fix it 2 morrow then mayb ridding on sun or mayb wotching football if my mate is kene

would that be English 'homwurk' 😆

ratherbeintobago

Is that what they refer to as 'txt spk'? No wonder the country is going to the dogs 😛

GW – trust me on this: it's pretty obvious from your first post on this thread that you aren't married.

Andy

nonk
    Free Member

I have been told that i will be at the bookclub (middle class bag of wa*nk) barbecue.
    I may well top myself to avoid it.

Northwind

Tomorrow it depends on how jaded ChrisL is feeling after trailbuilding :mrgreen: Me, I'm going to motivate myself by thinking "At least you're not at 10 at Kirroughtree in the pissing rain"

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘not riding and why not’ is closed to new replies.