Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Not really a 'what tyres' thread, but……
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

has anyone ridden a 70a High Roller (kevlar folding) on the back? How do they compare to the 60a? Is a lack of grip really noticeable or is the harder compound faster rolling without too much penalty?

Apologies for yet another boring ‘what tyre’ thread. My only excuse is that I’ve put a massive split in my usual 60a and the bike shop only has a 70a in stock….for £39.99 😯

…and I don’t fancy spending £39.99 on a tyre I may not like!

…but then I thought, maybe I will like it…..

RustySpanner

Only used a 2.1 70a.

It wasn’t very good.
    Partner had it on the back of her hardtail when she started out off – road and it would spin on dry dusty climbs.
    Sidewall went shortly after too.

And £40.00?!?!.

Specialized, Bonty or cheap tyres from On One for me from here on in.
    I can get a car tyre for that.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Cheers ta 🙂

I have an ADvantage on loan for the moment – I’ll just get a 60a on order online unless by a miracle the ADvantage works better than it looks like it’s gonna. The minion up-front roller back combo works well for me and I’m scared of change (even if it does cost me an arm and a leg)

soobalias
    Free Member

no excuses spending 40notes on a tyre

depends on the sizes, but i will wager you wont look back from the ADvantage

RustySpanner

Bet you a Creme Egg you prefer the ADvantage. 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I hope so! Will save me a packet if I do, and the hassle of getting the roller sorted 😀

It’s the 2.1 – but looks pretty wide for a 2.1

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

£31.99 at Next Day Tyres for the 60a folding, and in my experience they do actually deliver next day, even to Highland Scotland

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

CaptainMainwaring – Member

£31.99 at Next Day Tyres for the 60a folding, and in my experience they do actually deliver next day, even to Highland Scotland

Yup, I have had nothing but good service from nextdaytyres. Unfortunately I needed one same day this time (well, not now I have a tyre on loan) but will be ordering from them if this ADvantage isn’t what I am after 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Not really a 'what tyres' thread, but……’ is closed to new replies.