Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Not all privatisation is bad…………
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the Falklands basically saved her premiership as she and the Conservatives were due to get a kicking at the election

But I think it’s only fair to point out that according to another former Tory Prime Minister, Thatcher’s “warrior characteristics” were “profoundly un-Conservative”.

Major attacks ‘warrior’ Thatcher

Former Prime Minister John Major has launched an attack on the behaviour of his predecessor Margaret Thatcher.

In the first extract of his memoirs, serialised in the Sunday Times, Mr Major criticises her for possessing “warrior characteristics” that were “profoundly un-Conservative”.

“Profoundly un-Conservative” ……… right.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Weel, I don’t recall her doing much “Conserving” when it came to industry, the stock market and public services…

richc
    Free Member

You also have to bear in mind that John Major despises Thatcher with every fibre of his being, as she basically did everything in her power to screw his premiership, and kept meddling in Govt business when she was out of power. That and her uncanny ability to say one thing and do the opposite especially over Europe. She was a master of spin, and started this whole PR ran political mess we are in now.

Thatcher backed him hoping he was going to be a puppet, and do her bidding when in power, and when he didn’t the notorious Thatcher malice and bitterness was brought to bear.

Read the book I posted a link to, its a dry but very informative potted history, of her political career.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Not all privatisation is bad…………’ is closed to new replies.