Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Northwave Celsius Artic Vs Northwave Celsius
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Northwave Celsius Artic Vs Northwave Celsius?

Ones £40 more than the other based on the lowest online price I can find.

Is the extra insulation worth it? Is the Celsius just a waterproof boot or is it a winter one too?

Then again I don’t suppose there’s such a thing as too hot!

z1ppy

Admittedly my experience with NW Celsius is from around 3 years (or when-ever thy 1st appeared), but I found them to be a great waterproof boot, not a winter boot. Shimano MW80’s for me now.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i thought they were warm enough with a warm sock in.

boobs

I thought the celcius was a good boot until I ripped the cleat nuts out of the bottom! (2 years old)

Drac

Celcius here used them at -5 in the snow and feet were warm and dry.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I might just be me but I’ve broken two pairs of celcius by over tightening the bolts for the cleats and breaking the plate… as it is a sealed boot that makes them useless. Although boobs comment is almost the same issue. First pair replaced under warranty; second pair didn’t try as out of the country so just glued the cleat to the bottom of the shoe. Tighten with care..

Otherwise I still find the orignal celcius design fine for -15 and can manage a couple of hours at -20C without super cold feet; get a slightly bigger size (one up) and some big socks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Northwave Celsius Artic Vs Northwave Celsius’ is closed to new replies.